Adjective(1) relating to or befitting athletics or athletes(2) vigorously active(3) having a sturdy and well proportioned body
(1) Sports physiologists know that athletic ability does not deteriorate nearly as rapidly as was once thought.(2) Paddy was always great company and is very sadly missed by the athletic fraternity.(3) Up to this juncture Pat was a heavy smoker, lived life to the full and certainly showed no athletic prowess.(4) For competitions, archers will wear white shirts, white pants and white athletic shoes.(5) Usually lean, they have strong bodies and may even be quite athletic .(6) Brian is a member of the Newcastle athletic club and the long jump is his specialist field.(7) He was a slim and athletic young man in his mid-twenties with a copper tan.(8) Her athletic prowess was demonstrated in the numerous track and field trophies she won.(9) In outdoor soccer, athletic attributes like speed and strength can be maximised.(10) This must have been quite an achievement on a rope ladder and, to the best of my knowledge, he was not a very strong or athletic person.(11) Together they have kept Tinryland athletic club to the forefront of national athletics.(12) The company has become a $9 billion powerhouse that dominates the athletic shoe market.(13) But he is a strong swimmer with an athletic build, and he eventually manages to save himself.(14) Many people stretch before or after engaging in athletic activity.(15) Guys are ranked according to how athletic they are and girls are ranked by their looks.(16) We take this opportunity to thank them for their many hours of hard work and commitment to the athletic club.
(1) athletic field :: atletisk felt
(2) athletic track :: atletisk spor
(3) athletic supporter :: atletisk supporter
(4) athletic meet :: atletisk mødes
1. muscular ::
2. sporting ::
3. gymnastic ::
athletic, athleticism, nonathletic
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You are the bravest one,
aren’t you, ATHLETIC boy?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
- Pick another game.
- Why don't we do something ATHLETIC?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 4
I wasn't ATHLETIC.
Yeah, I was kind of sickly...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 4
...in helping us re-create
an actual ATHLETIC experience.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
Peppermint Patty's just ATHLETIC.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
English to Danish Dictionary: athletic
Meaning and definitions of athletic, translation in Danish language for athletic with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of athletic in Danish and in English
Tags for the entry "athletic"
What athletic means in Danish, athletic meaning
in Danish, athletic definition, examples and pronunciation
of athletic in Danish language.