Adjective(1) causing inconvenience(2) lacking grace or skill in manner or movement or performance(3) difficult to handle or manage especially because of shape(4) not elegant or graceful in expression(5) hard to deal with; especially causing pain or embarrassment, or embarrassing or difficult(6) socially uncomfortable; unsure and constrained in manner
(1) Unfortunately, this versatility has meant that the user controls are somewhat awkward and very difficult to master.(2) Chris was nearly eighteen and though he was tall, filled out with spiky black hair and handsome features, he still felt awkward , gawky, and ugly.(3) The resulting pieces at first look remarkably awkward and ungainly.(4) In addition, he frequently appears to be sidestepping awkward questions by the simple expedient of behaving as if you have asked something completely different.(5) If we are honest, those of us who have all of our abilities sometimes are uncomfortable or even awkward alongside those who are seriously disabled.(6) The members did this while crouching-on the floor in a very uncomfortable, awkward position.(7) I am old, cynical, bitter, twisted, awkward , difficult, fussy, and generally hard to please.(8) He seems to be an actor perfectly suited to kitchen sink dramas in an age when demand from that sort of awkward , angry character is declining.(9) They have the right to ask some awkward questions.(10) In all of them you see a hunched, awkward man, uncomfortable in his own body.(11) London's tone suggests they're put out, as though we're being deliberately awkward .(12) Their stance is one of unswerving resistance, but their films, while dealing with awkward topics, have never been demagogic.(13) It would ball up on his hoof, making it uncomfortable and awkward to walk.(14) Not for their use, mind you: a good soundtrack can make a movie better than its sum of train explosions, drug deals and awkward romances.(15) There were a few uneasy seconds of awkward silence, everyone looking at Christine with apprehension.(16) A relationship with one who is ├ö├ç├┐not one of us├ö├ç├û raises the risk that sooner or later a difficult and awkward conversation lies ahead.
(1) awkward situation :: akavet situation
(2) feel awkward :: føler sig akavet
(3) awkward position :: akavet stilling
(4) awkward age :: akavet alder
1. difficult ::
2. inconvenient ::
3. embarrassing ::
4. uncomfortable ::
5. clumsy ::
6. sticky ::
7. uneasy ::
1. graceful ::
2. suave ::
3. urbane ::
awkward, awkwarder, awkwardest, awkwardly, awkwardness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It was AWKWARD. People
didn't know where to look.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 19
Oh, sorry, yeah.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 13
Saved me the AWKWARD conversation about
how I was gonna be hanging with my bros.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 23
A conversation that placed the Spanish
Government in a very AWKWARD position
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
...and it might be a little AWKWARD,
you know, given that I...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
English to Danish Dictionary: awkward
Meaning and definitions of awkward, translation in Danish language for awkward with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of awkward in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "awkward"
What awkward means in Danish, awkward meaning in Danish, awkward definition, examples and pronunciation of awkward in Danish language.