kasse, skrin, retssag
Noun(1) an occurrence of something(2) a special set of circumstances(3) a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy(4) the actual state of things(5) a portable container for carrying several objects(6) a person requiring professional services(7) a person who is subjected to experimental or other observational procedures; someone who is an object of investigation(8) a problem requiring investigation(9) a statement of facts and reasons used to support an argument(10) the quantity contained in a case(11) nouns or pronouns or adjectives (often marked by inflection(12) a specific state of mind that is temporary(13) a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities(14) a specific size and style of type within a type family(15) an enveloping structure or covering enclosing an animal or plant organ or part(16) the housing or outer covering of something
Verb(1) look over, usually with the intention to rob(2) enclose in, or as if in, a case
(1) None of the accused was even given the opportunity to argue the case against them.(2) Quite often, as in your case , only the eyes cause problems and the usual treatment is to provide artificial tears or a gel.(3) In my case , I had a complete nightmare with my bank when I tried to change an insurance policy.(4) If the juror had spoken up, as he should have, he would surely have been told he should not sit on the case .(5) The victim then discovered the bag contained a carry case with three bottles of water inside.(6) She normally only saw one case of the virus a year.(7) Whether this was a case of poor finishing or inspired goal keeping is open to debate.(8) A wealth of studies indicate that a good case can be made for the first of these claims.(9) I'm a sad case(10) he was a bad case(11) The case contains a single liner card without a spine to enable identification when shelved.(12) For the detectives on the case though, there will be no celebration at today's conviction.(13) they reviewed the case(14) a former employee brought the case against the council(15) She sat down and extracted a silver cigarette case from a small handbag hidden amongst the folds of her enormous dress.(16) In your case , the personal issues are clear, with your wish to retire and with no family succession.
(1) in case :: i tilfælde af
(2) in any case :: i alle tilfælde
(3) just in case :: I tilfælde af
(4) in this case :: I dette tilfælde
(5) in case of :: i tilfælde af
(6) case study :: casestudie
(7) in that case :: i det tilfælde
(8) in the case of :: i tilfælde af
1. instance ::
2. situation ::
4. patient ::
5. lawsuit ::
6. argument ::
7. container ::
8. casing ::
9. crate ::
10. cabinet ::
11. showcase ::
13. sheath ::
14. slip ::
15. grammatical case ::
16. event ::
17. character ::
19. face ::
20. suit ::
21. reconnoiter ::
22. encase ::
case, cased, cases, casey
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I can think of no one
who I would rather represent my CASE,
Vikings Season 1, Episode 8
I hope you didn't
need anything in that CASE,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 11
Case in point.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
In CASE you need me?
I'm thinking the probability is high.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 10
Or in this CASE,
the bar mitzvah boy with pink eye.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
English to Danish Dictionary: case
Meaning and definitions of case, translation in Danish language for case with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of case in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "case"
What case means in Danish, case meaning in Danish, case definition, examples and pronunciation of case in Danish language.