kolonne, søjle, spalte
Noun(1) a line of units following one after another(2) a vertical glass tube used in column chromatography; a mixture is poured in the top and washed through a stationary substance where components of the mixture are adsorbed selectively to form colored bands(3) a vertical array of numbers or other information(4) anything that approximates the shape of a column or tower(5) an article giving opinions or perspectives(6) a vertical cylindrical structure standing alone and not supporting anything (such as a monument(7) (architecture(8) a page or text that is vertically divided(9) any tubular or pillar-like supporting structure in the body
(1) An aileron booster system used the main system hydraulic pressure to supplement the pilot's pressure on the control column .(2) Soon a small column of figures appears on the horizon, snaking down an embankment in the glittering morning light.(3) But then again, maybe that's realistic - you just can't fit a column of 10 tanks down the average single-lane dirt road.(4) The one difference is that I'm displaying the last few movies I've seen (with ratings) on the front page in the main column .(5) Both gentlemen above also raise another issue that merits airing in today's column .(6) By keeping my head just above the control column , I could keep my eyes out of the glare and onto the gyrations of the instrument panel's flight indicator.(7) One specific comment, though, is that you should change the color of the lettering in the left-hand column on the main page.(8) An assault jeep quickly zoomed ahead of the rest of the moving column , three gunmen disembarking and running forward.(9) Hurriedly, he moved to the front of the column where Faulkner was walking.(10) we walked in a column(11) He nodded to himself incessantly as if his spinal column had been magically replaced with a spring.(12) Flashing down the runway, I gently pull back on my control column .(13) There's a long column of tanks returning from a day in the capital.(14) As a result the water welled up, forming a vertical column through the sandstone.(15) So this week's column is devoted to one of the great men of New Zealand sport.(16) They were to protect the column against enemy troops at close range who were armed with satchel and pole charges, bazookas and bangalore torpedoes.
(1) spinal column :: rygsøjle
(2) steering column :: ratstamme
(3) gossip column :: sladderspalte
(4) vertebral column :: rygsøjle
(5) column width :: kolonnebredde
(6) column heading :: kolonneoverskriften
(7) column chart :: kolonnediagram
(8) bound column :: bundet kolonne
(9) entire column :: hel kolonne
(10) special column :: særlig kolonne
1. pillar ::
2. article ::
3. line ::
4. tower ::
5. newspaper column ::
column, columnar, columned, columnist, columnists, columns
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You mark "10" under this COLUMN
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
...where you have dishes in COLUMN A
and other dishes in COLUMN B...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
wrote a COLUMN suggesting
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
and then you subtract 10
from the stock COLUMN.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
And I will just check
the assault differential COLUMN.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 16
English to Danish Dictionary: column
Meaning and definitions of column, translation in Danish language for column with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of column in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "column"
What column means in Danish, column meaning in Danish, column definition, examples and pronunciation of column in Danish language.