Noun(1) an occurrence of improvement by virtue of preventing loss or injury or other change(2) the preservation and careful management of the environment and of natural resources(3) (physics
(1) the government must take action to promote energy conservation(2) The government team in charge of promoting energy conservation has no campaign budget and with three members to handle the issue nationwide, are short of staff.(3) Collections care will be vastly improved and the plans include a conservation suite on site that will provide faster and safer repair and conservation for heritage items.(4) This would require significant readjustments to our lifestyles, including a shift from private to public transport, and a major drive towards energy and resource conservation .(5) Their dreams of development did not involve the conservation of the natural environment.(6) The availability of grants in contributing towards the repairs and conservation of historic buildings has been very significant.(7) So, we might ask, how do we know how to strike a balance between conservation of resources for the future, and consumption today?(8) As a member of the National Council of Monuments of Culture, he has over thirty years of experience in conservation of historical monuments and buildings.(9) And some have gone even further, fighting waste by taxing landfill space or encouraging conservation by taxing electricity and water.(10) The City wants to strengthen the preservation and conservation of cultural heritage collections and built assets, he says.(11) That is in keeping with its purpose to promote the identification, protection, preservation, and conservation of historical and cultural heritage in New Zealand.(12) The festival will also raise awareness about natural health therapies, composting, waste prevention, energy conservation and alternative architecture.(13) Their plans feature conservation of the archaeological remains such as the blast furnace complex.(14) Awareness on environment and conservation of wildlife seems to have become a compulsory theme in cultural programmes in leading schools in Bangalore.(15) It aims to further the appreciation of such buildings through an understanding of their architectural and historic value and the purpose, philosophy and techniques of conservation .(16) Apart from haze issues, the ministers will discuss the coastal marine environment, nature conservation and biodiversity.
(1) energy conservation :: energibesparelse
(2) water conservation :: vandbesparelser
(3) conservation of energy :: bevarelse af energi
(4) nature conservation :: naturbeskyttelse
(5) conservation area :: fredede område
(6) conservation of mass :: bevarelse af masse
2. protection ::
4. safekeeping ::
5. care ::
7. husbandry ::
8. supervision ::
9. upkeep ::
10. maintenance ::
11. repair ::
12. restoration ::
13. ecology ::
14. environmentalism ::
conservation, conservationism, conservationist, conservationists
English to Danish Dictionary: conservation
Meaning and definitions of conservation, translation in Danish language for conservation with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of conservation in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "conservation"
What conservation means in Danish, conservation meaning in Danish, conservation definition, examples and pronunciation of conservation in Danish language.