Noun(1) hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window(2) any barrier to communication or vision
Verb(1) provide with drapery
(1) As the curtain rose on the stage, Evan's brain actually functioned the way he had wanted it to for so long.(2) The magician invites the heckler up on stage, positions him directly in front of the curtain , and begins ├ö├ç├┐hypnotising├ö├ç├û him.(3) Right from the curtain going up on the opening number, it is clear that Tommy the musical is here to rock Bradford.(4) A massive red curtain hung over the stage and Anna could hear the orchestra playing down below.(5) At last, the curtain is raised, and Jackson takes center stage and immediately owns the crowd.(6) With that, Sheena left the screen and the curtain was pulled back.(7) ├ö├ç├┐Yes,├ö├ç├û the girl mumbled back as her copper hair fell forward to curtain her face.(8) through the curtain of falling snow, she could just make out gravestones(9) That night, because Jocelyn's character didn't appear until the third scene, she stood on the side of the stage behind the curtain and peeked out quickly.(10) He was really desperately, desperately nervous and of course, he went on stage and the curtain went up and a ├ö├ç├┐star was born├ö├ç├û can I say.(11) he wants to see you directly the curtain comes down(12) Perry sighed and started to walk behind the stage, where the curtain was closed and he was hid from view.(13) Amanda, meanwhile, has only a few days to go before the curtain rises on her stage ├ö├ç├┐comeback├ö├ç├û.(14) Often the photographs are shot in bedrooms, next to a window with a curtain blowing from it, conveying the isolation of adolescence and the yearning for what lies beyond.(15) The curtain raises on the opening scene with the cast gathered front of stage to a backdrop of trees, a small camp fire Flickering to one side.(16) This political party will take center stage when the curtain rises on their convention one week from today in Boston.
(1) shower curtain :: badeforhæng
(2) curtain call :: curtain call
(3) curtain wall :: gardinvæg
(4) curtain falls :: gardin falls
(5) behind the curtain :: bag gardinet
(6) air curtain :: lufttæppe
(7) iron curtain :: jerntæppe
(8) net curtain :: forhæng
(9) window curtain :: vindue gardin
(10) lace curtain :: blonder gardin
1. drape ::
2. drapery ::
3. window treatment ::
4. window hanging ::
5. screen ::
7. shade ::
8. valance ::
9. cafe curtain ::
10. conceal ::
11. hide ::
12. screen ::
13. shield ::
14. separate ::
15. isolate ::
1. birth ::
2. nativity ::
curtain, curtained, curtaining, curtains
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The CURTAIN opens.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 13
It's getting kind of
close to the CURTAIN.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
Ford drew the CURTAIN here,
Westworld Season 2, Episode 6
Yeah, but what happens when we
each get a peek behind the CURTAIN?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
Why must you
peek behind the CURTAIN?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 12
English to Danish Dictionary: curtain
Meaning and definitions of curtain, translation in Danish language for curtain with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of curtain in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "curtain"
What curtain means in Danish, curtain meaning in Danish, curtain definition, examples and pronunciation of curtain in Danish language.