Noun(1) a licensed medical practitioner(2) (Roman Catholic Church(3) children take the roles of physician or patient or nurse and pretend they are at the physician's office(4) a person who holds Ph.D. degree (or the equivalent
Verb(1) alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive(2) give medical treatment to(3) restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
(1) I turned to the hair doctor for advice.(2) hospital doctor(3) My cat needs me to feed her, take her to the doctor , and open the door for her.(4) I was told, even if the papers from abroad prove inoculations, the dogs have to be checked by a veterinary doctor in the airport.(5) Her family doctor prescribed a drug that helped, but it made her tired.(6) This is the way he described working as a script doctor vs. writing his own stuff.(7) Contraception is normally supplied by your doctor or by the family planning clinic.(8) After directing the film, he hightailed it out to Bali, only to return again to work as a script doctor .(9) the wisest doctor is gravelled by the inquisitiveness of a child(10) I learnt this as a junior spin doctor for a minor political party.(11) she's a doctor(12) she's in the care of a doctor(13) the script doctor rewrote the original(14) Ask your private doctor or hospital clinic physician for information as to how you can obtain a bone density test.(15) Money is wasted on explosions and stunts when it should have been given to a script doctor .(16) Any woman who is worried about this should speak to her doctor , midwife or obstetrician.
(1) medical doctor :: læge
(2) see a doctor :: se en læge
(3) family doctor :: familie læge
(4) eye doctor :: øjenlæge
(5) female doctor :: kvindelig læge
(6) see the doctor :: se lægen
(7) call the doctor :: ringe til lægen
(8) be a doctor :: være en læge
(9) doctor of philosophy :: læge i filosofi
1. physician ::
2. doctor of the church ::
læge af kirken
4. treat ::
5. adulterate ::
6. falsify ::
7. sophisticate ::
8. mend ::
doctor, doctoral, doctored, doctoring, doctors
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and you almost
became a DOCTOR?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
How do you know?
Are you a DOCTOR?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 13
I don't know much about Doctor Who
but if, um...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
Please, please see a DOCTOR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 12
Bravest person in the Marvel Universe
is the DOCTOR...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
English to Danish Dictionary: doctor
Meaning and definitions of doctor, translation in Danish language for doctor with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of doctor in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "doctor"
What doctor means in Danish, doctor meaning in Danish, doctor definition, examples and pronunciation of doctor in Danish language.