Verb(1) make dull in appearance(2) become dull or lusterless in appearance; lose shine or brightness(3) deaden (a sound or noise(4) make numb or insensitive(5) make dull or blunt(6) become less interesting or attractive(7) make less lively or vigorous
Adjective(1) lacking in liveliness or animation(2) emitting or reflecting very little light(3) being or made softer or less loud or clear(4) so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness(5) (of color(6) not keenly felt(7) slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity(8) (of business, or slow(9) not having a sharp edge or point(10) blunted in responsiveness or sensibility(11) not clear and resonant; sounding as if striking with or against something relatively soft(12) darkened with overcast
(1) One minute it was lovely and the Sun was warm on my bare legs, the next minute it was dull , overcast, and horribly humid.(2) What a boring, dull choice for a boring performer.(3) The wind was blowing strong and the sky was overcast and dull .(4) Film-makers also say the dull weather bathes the vehicle in a soft light preferable to the harsh reflections caused by bright sunlight on shiny metal surfaces.(5) It's now hanging over my desk bringing a little brightness into my otherwise dull room.(6) The dull thud of horse hooves on the packed earth changed suddenly to the loud clacking of iron horseshoes on a paved road.(7) When the blade is dull , the end is simply broken off to reveal another sharp tip.(8) Flick out the stinger by lifting it with a fingernail or scrape it off using the edge of a dull knife.(9) Having said that I know I'm lucky that it only effects a few joints in my fingers and the pain is more a dull ache than a debilitating one.(10) Remove excess soil promptly by blotting or scraping with a dull edge first.(11) His vision, though dull and somewhat blurry, was recovering.(12) I go through each day and it seems like each day is dull or overcast.(13) The one near my University served a wonderful noodle soup that gladdened the heart on dull , overcast winter afternoons.(14) This dull , grey weather has me dreaming of better climates, where I can sit on the beach with a Mai-tai in my hand, listening to the waves lapping up on the shore.(15) Then there was a dull pain that traveled down my leg causing it to ache but for only a moment.(16) She had an old, rusty push mower with steel wheels and dull blades, the kind you might see in a museum.
(1) dull pain :: kedelig smerte
(2) pretty dull :: temmelig kedelig
(3) dull red :: kedelig rød
(4) dull sound :: kedelig lyd
(5) dull color :: kedelig farve
(6) dull season :: kedelig sæson
(7) dull-witted :: tungnem
(8) dull beggar :: kedelig tigger
(9) be dull :: være kedeligt
1. uninteresting ::
2. overcast ::
3. drab ::
5. blunt ::
6. unintelligent ::
7. sluggish ::
8. boring ::
10. leaden ::
11. dense ::
12. lessen ::
13. numb ::
14. darken ::
15. dampen ::
16. blunt ::
17. mute ::
18. pall ::
1. cutting ::
2. ground ::
3. keen ::
4. pointed ::
5. sharp ::
dull, dulled, duller, dulles, dullest, dulling, dullness, dulls, dully
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Gods, you're DULL.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
What's his problem? He get bored
with his exquisitely DULL,
Westworld Season 2, Episode 8
It's an old game. Dull and unconvincing.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
Dull is fine.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
You think all
reading is DULL reading.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
English to Danish Dictionary: dull
Meaning and definitions of dull, translation in Danish language for dull with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of dull in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "dull"
What dull means in Danish, dull meaning in Danish, dull definition, examples and pronunciation of dull in Danish language.