Noun(1) something many people believe that is false(2) imagination or fantasy; held by Coleridge to be more casual and superficial than true imagination(3) a predisposition to like something
Verb(1) imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind(2) have a fancy or particular liking or desire for
Adjective(1) not plain; decorative or ornamented
(1) Few pundits could resist comparing high dotcom stock prices to the historic craze for fancy flowers.(2) I fancy a stiff drink this lunchtime to steady my nerves!(3) The BCS trophies are pretty elaborate and fancy looking, while the plaque you get for winning the Mountain West conference is just okay.(4) Synge could have done with an editor to shorten some of his flights of fancy .(5) Crowds of people were already there, all wearing fancy dresses and expensive looking suits.(6) He considers my idea of priesthood just a fancy .(7) She talked so much about birth, that, for a moment, I half fancied and with pain - but, what an idle fancy to suppose that she could think or care what mine was!(8) I know you want me to have this big fancy wedding with six hundred people but I don't want that.(9) If you fancy a quick getaway there may be some space available in her Patrick's Day special, which gets underway on Tuesday next March 15.(10) To my mind running a decent railway has little to do with fancy technology and everything to do with system.(11) So, if you fancy a night on the tiles with the added bonus of contributing to a very worthy cause, get your dancing shoes on and head for the Heritage on Friday November 12.(12) Well, consider how much you've invested in a fancy theater system with a big-screen television and high-fidelity speakers.(13) Now the reason we decided to get married was not for the big fancy wedding reception or for the ring or for the presents.(14) On the right were two magnificent French doors with fancy windows on decorating the wall.(15) On the less serious side, outrageously expensive afternoon teas in fancy hotel become de rigueur.(16) The wise man, however, spoke of love, not a passing fancy .
(1) fancy dress :: fancy kjole
(2) fancy restaurant :: fancy restaurant
(3) fancy man :: fancy mand
(4) fancy woman :: fancy kvinde
(5) fancy girl :: fancy pige
(6) fancy footwork :: fancy fodarbejde
(7) flight of fancy :: flyvning af fancy
(8) fancy pattern :: fancy mønster
(9) fancy women :: fancy kvinder
1. elaborate ::
2. liking ::
3. illusion ::
4. fondness ::
5. think ::
6. take to ::
7. figure ::
fancies, fancily, fancy, fancying
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And you're a grub in FANCY armor
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
All right, fellas,
who's in the mood for Fancy Feast?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
I thought that you may FANCY a coffee
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
I learned a lot of FANCY words.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
Westworld Season 2, Episode 4
English to Danish Dictionary: fancy
Meaning and definitions of fancy, translation in Danish language for fancy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fancy in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "fancy"
What fancy means in Danish, fancy meaning in Danish, fancy definition, examples and pronunciation of fancy in Danish language.