Verb(1) stop blaming or grant forgiveness(2) absolve from payment
(1) We can forgive the debts of Third World dictatorships, but these guys will run it up again and pocket the dough.(2) Still, he's my only brother, and I tend to forgive him anything.(3) I haven't proof read it or anything, so forgive me if there are grammatical errors and stuff.(4) But he had never truly been in love before, either, so we will forgive him his mistakes as well.(5) Arlene always said I could forgive anyone for anything if they intrigued me enough.(6) I think God will more readily forgive our sins against him, whom we cannot see, than against our fellow humans, whom we do see.(7) You could forgive her for anything because of her passion for journalism.(8) We are able to acknowledge horrendous scenarios, justify our errors, and forgive our mistakes by making a situation light-hearted.(9) Less than two weeks ago, the G8 agreed to forgive the debts of 18 poor nations.(10) This may be a stupid question, but please forgive my ignorance.(11) you will have to forgive my suspicious mind(12) to forgive sb his sins(13) I'll never forgive David for the way he treated her(14) She had abandoned him, he thought, because she could not live in a world that would not forgive her for her mistakes.(15) He will have to forgive you and stop being a parole officer, or you'll have to call it a day.(16) forgive me for saying so, but I think you're wrong
(1) forgive and forget :: Tilgiv og glem
(2) to forgive :: at tilgive
(3) forgive each other :: tilgive hinanden
1. pardon ::
2. excuse ::
3. exonerate ::
4. absolve ::
5. make allowances for ::
tage højde for
7. feel no malice toward ::
føler nag over
9. bury the hatchet with ::
begrave stridsøksen med
10. let bygones be bygones ::
lad fortiden hvile
12. exculpate ::
1. resent ::
forgive, forgiveness, forgives, forgiving
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That was unworthy. Forgive me.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
He did not trust that you
would be wise enough to FORGIVE him.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 8
Forgive us. We started without you.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
- JORAH: Forgive me, Khaleesi.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 2
Forgive me, my queen.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
English to Danish Dictionary: forgive
Meaning and definitions of forgive, translation in Danish language for forgive with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of forgive in Danish and in English
Tags for the entry "forgive"
What forgive means in Danish, forgive meaning
in Danish, forgive definition, examples and pronunciation
of forgive in Danish language.