Noun(1) the handwear used by fielders in playing baseball(2) handwear: covers the hand and wrist(3) boxing equipment consisting of big and padded coverings for the fists of the fighters; worn for the sport of boxing
(1) But after a few years, he realized he could win games with his glove , not just his bat.(2) The last time he used a glove in a major league game was in 2001 when he played five innings as a first baseman.(3) He wrapped the fingers of his heavy glove around her right forearm.(4) He hasn't had much trouble with his footwork at first base but is adjusting to the larger glove .(5) She rubbed the baseball into her glove , spit, and prepared to pitch.(6) Patrick came loping in, angrily slamming a baseball into his glove .(7) Indeed he was given not out when he appeared to glove a catch down the leg side off his first ball.(8) That pitch was in the catcher's glove before the bat was off his shoulder.(9) Fending the ball off his face, he could only glove the ball to the wicket keeper.(10) He turned over the puck, then dropped his glove and shook his hand as play continued.(11) An ordinary glove or mitten may be worn on the bow hand.(12) The root of this bonding most likely starts with a game of catch, or better yet, one's first baseball glove .(13) He always had his baseball glove hitched to his side and always welcomed a game of catch.(14) England's wicketkeeper didn't so much glove the ball as swat it away.(15) In practice rounds, my caddie and I work on my short game with a baseball glove .(16) He tried to get me to sell him my baseball glove today.
(1) boxing glove :: boksehandske
(2) glove compartment :: handskerum
(3) baseball glove :: baseball handske
(4) rubber glove :: gummihandske
(5) oven glove :: ovn handske
(6) glove box :: handskerum
(7) hand in glove :: hånd i handske
(8) glove maker :: handske maker
(9) velvet glove :: fløjl handske
(10) kid-glove :: kid-handske
1. mitten ::
2. boxing glove ::
3. mitt ::
glove, gloved, gloves, gloving
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And who got him to put things other
than GLOVEs in the GLOVE compartment?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 5
and there's a baggie of Cheerios for you
in the GLOVE compartment.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 9
If you really want to help,
put on a rubber GLOVE,
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 16
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
I'd smack you with a GLOVE,
but just last week,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 17
English to Danish Dictionary: glove
Meaning and definitions of glove, translation in Danish language for glove with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of glove in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "glove"
What glove means in Danish, glove meaning in Danish, glove definition, examples and pronunciation of glove in Danish language.