Pronoun(1) used to refer to a thing or things belonging to or associated with a female person or animal previously mentioned.
(1) Nor did she realise that a male colleague had given up his leave so she could have hers .(2) Jennings said they were hers and the lance corporal apologised and put them down again.(3) make hers a strong espresso(4) When she came round for the party and saw I had put my cake rather than hers on the table, she exploded.(5) He has a similar warmth to Keyes, but his manner is as still as hers is frenetic.(6) She was telling me about a neighbour of hers who has a cat that she treats like it is her child.(7) Just as his lips were about to meet hers , she turned her face to the side and the kiss landed on her cheek.(8) his eyes met hers(9) The first report was a mere listener ringing up about a horrified letter a friend of hers had sent her.(10) Well, the only way I know is to make sure you keep busy in your field and she is busy in hers .(11) that book of hers(12) The money would be hers , even if his heart would never belong to her again, Kiki vowed.(13) Dominic smiled and said he'd love to meet any friend of hers , but inside his heart was dying.(14) I'm afraid that in my case the reasons are not as connected to world history as they are in hers .(15) the choice was hers(16) My daughter looks at my marriage and says she wants mum and dad to arrange hers .
(1) hers :: Hendes
1. his ::
2. her ::
3. hers ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Stop! Arya!
- She's as wild as that animal of HERS.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 2
The lake house is HERS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 21
- I am HERS and she is mine...
- I am his and he is mine...
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
- I am HERS, and she is mine.
- I am his, and he is mine.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
I didn't mind HERS.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
English to Danish Dictionary: hers
Meaning and definitions of hers, translation in Danish language for hers with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of hers in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "hers"
What hers means in Danish, hers meaning in Danish, hers definition, examples and pronunciation of hers in Danish language.