hans, sin, sit
Pronoun(1) used to refer to a thing or things belonging to or associated with a male person or animal previously mentioned.
Article(1) belonging to or associated with a male person or animal previously mentioned or easily identified.(2) used in titles.
(1) he took my hand in his(2) We got him as an adult dog and I think he may have been mistreated by his previous owner.(3) What good is it for one man to have millions while people starve on his front stoop?(4) he spoke with his father(5) he brushed his teeth(6) the rest of his life(7) The world and his dog was trying to persuade me to come to the Christmas party tonight.(8) James sold his business(9) his money(10) He was a jeweller by trade and was getting out of the airforce to start his own business.(11) Columbus is said to have identified his star the moment he saw the cover of the video.(12) He was also not put off by the very grown up thought of having to set up his own business.(13) He does not want to give me his name and will not identify the patient out of respect.(14) we went round to his(15) It was truly kind of the hairdresser to come to my house with his bonny male assistant.(16) He would be in much the same position as the farmer who previously put his cows in the field.
(1) his wife :: hans kone
(2) his mother :: hans mor
(3) his own :: sin egen
(4) on his own :: på hans egen
(5) his family :: hans familie
(6) every dog has his day :: hver hund har sin dag
(7) at his house :: i hans hus
(8) in his opinion :: efter hans mening
1. his ::
2. her ::
3. hers ::
4. its ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He'll march south to King's Landing
before the winter snows block HIS way.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
No man should be forced to emblazon
HIS chest with a Bengal tiger...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
Okay, what about the guy in the superhero
T-shirt tucked into HIS sweatpants?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
His father, God rest HIS soul, used to say:
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 4
You know he tried to stick HIS tongue
down my throat and I broke HIS nose?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
English to Danish Dictionary: his
Meaning and definitions of his, translation in Danish language for his with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of his in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "his"
What his means in Danish, his meaning in Danish, his definition, examples and pronunciation of his in Danish language.