Noun(1) the time between one event, process, or period and another
Adjective(1) serving during an intermediate interval of time
(1) Robinson has been placed in charge for an interim period, which will include the November tests against Canada, South Africa and Australia.(2) But what has happened in the interim , in the days and the whole week that has followed, it that it hasn't had any resonation at all on the ground.(3) On Tuesday, Bank of Ireland shares fell by over 8 per cent after the bank warned that its interim profits may be hit by recent falls in international stock market.(4) Now we must urgently appeal to parents to keep their children away from the site in the interim period.(5) This makes provision for an interim government with a prime minister and rebel representation in the cabinet.(6) And in the interim , enjoy this lovely picture of Tony Abbott.(7) In November the interim results showed profits before tax had risen 45 per cent to EUR 78.86 million.(8) Nothing has been resolved, no solution found or conclusion reached, and territories continue to be re-negotiated in the interim .(9) In the interim , they will secure better results to improve their environment by concentrating on more serious problems that directly affect their citizens.(10) And the company's most recent results were equally impressive: interim profits grew by 21% to Ôö¼├║13.5m.(11) It said it would not pay an interim dividend and halved the net profit forecast for the half-year to September.(12) Notice, however, that even under this interim provision, the privacy protection only applied to people who successfully purchased firearms.(13) Few sets of results will be watched more closely than the interim profit figures due from AIB at the end of this month.(14) In addition to not paying a final dividend, Oakhill is casting doubt over the next interim dividend payment.(15) It is a central principle of any justice system that a prisoner is only liable to serve the sentence handed down at conviction, unless convicted of another crime in the interim .(16) And the president has taken steps in the interim .
(1) in the interim :: i mellemtiden
(2) interim report :: delårsrapport
(3) interim dividend :: ekstraordinært udbytte
(4) interim payment :: mellemliggende betaling
(5) interim period :: mellemliggende periode
(6) interim relief :: foreløbige forholdsregler
(7) interim government :: overgangsregering
(8) interim measures :: foreløbige forholdsregler
1. provisional ::
2. temporary ::
3. pro tem ::
4. stopgap ::
5. short-term ::
6. fill-in ::
7. caretaker ::
8. acting ::
9. transitional ::
10. makeshift ::
12. impromptu ::
13. meantime ::
14. meanwhile ::
15. intervening time ::
16. interlude ::
17. interval ::
1. continuity ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and I should take over
your lab in the INTERIM.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
English to Danish Dictionary: interim
Meaning and definitions of interim, translation in Danish language for interim with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of interim in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "interim"
What interim means in Danish, interim meaning in Danish, interim definition, examples and pronunciation of interim in Danish language.