Noun(1) a short coat(2) an outer wrapping or casing(3) (dentistry(4) the outer skin of a potato(5) the tough metal shell casing for certain kinds of ammunition
Verb(1) provide with a thermally non-conducting cover(2) put a jacket on
(1) I reached into the front pocket of my jacket and took out a small business card.(2) The key here is to get her something between a jacket and a blazer that she can just throw on with any outfit.(3) If you have a conventional water heater, give it a wrap as well with an insulated jacket that will help prevent energy loss.(4) This week's review is a hard cover book with a hard-hitting jacket , determined to catch your attention.(5) Often featuring a snap front and drawstring waist, this jacket maybe lined or unlined.(6) he put his hand in his jacket pocket(7) Joy removed the matching boutonniÔö£┬┐re from its clear plastic container and pinned it on the lapel of his tuxedo jacket .(8) The mystery caller was stocky and dressed in a blouson jacket and a baseball cap.(9) Suspicions were raised when a chamber maid saw documents in his jacket which contradicted his story.(10) Romanov pulled out a file folder from her jacket slowly, ensuring that the bodyguards saw what she held, and handed it to Mr. Devlin.(11) For evening, her navy tuxedo jacket has satin trim on the collar, pocket and sleeves, and is a modern twist on a classic design.(12) A selection of books are on display with a summary of the story covering the book jacket .(13) Install an insulating jacket around the hot water heater to improve its heat retention capability.(14) Damian pulled out an envelope from his jacket and sat across from Stephanie, his other hand still holding onto her delicate fingers.(15) The bullet was produced with a cupro-nickel jacket over a lead core.(16) At the time he had a goatee beard and was wearing a waist length jacket with maroon coloured sleeves, dark coloured jeans and dark coloured footwear.
(1) life jacket :: redningsvest
(2) dinner jacket :: smoking
(3) ski jacket :: ski jakke
(4) jacket potato :: Bagt kartoffel
(5) denim jacket :: denimjakke
(6) sports jacket :: sports jakke
(7) black jacket :: sort jakke
(8) flak jacket :: skudsikker vest
(9) straight jacket :: lige jakke
1. jacket crown ::
2. cap ::
3. crown ::
4. crownwork ::
jacket, jacketed, jackets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's right off the dust JACKET
of my mom's last book.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 12
If you're still looking to make money,
I will pay you to burn that JACKET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
Was last seen wearing
a pink and white JACKET, pink pants.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 14
his Wookiee JACKET
out in public.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
It was a fucking joke
the whole JACKET thing!
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
English to Danish Dictionary: jacket
Meaning and definitions of jacket, translation in Danish language for jacket with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of jacket in Danish and in English
Tags for the entry "jacket"
What jacket means in Danish, jacket meaning
in Danish, jacket definition, examples and pronunciation
of jacket in Danish language.