dommerdømme, bedømme, skønne
Noun(1) a public official authorized to decide questions brought before a court of justice(2) an authority who is able to estimate worth or quality
Verb(1) determine the result of (a competition(2) form a critical opinion of(3) judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time(4) pronounce judgment on(5) put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of
(1) The judge is bound to endeavor to judge each case on the basis of the codified law.(2) A lively discussion began, bringing in the accused, the jury, the judge , even the public gallery.(3) Indictable offences are more serious and are tried in the Crown Court before a judge and jury.(4) He's got a great sense of humor, and I think he's quite a good judge of people.(5) I admitted, ├ö├ç├┐But I'd like to think of myself as a good judge of character.├ö├ç├û(6) He was well known at cattle marts and was considered a good judge of cattle.(7) That was decided by the judge who rejected the appellants' evidence.(8) she was a good judge of character(9) However, the FSCS takes a more stringent view and must judge cases on strictly legal liability.(10) A hard working man, he had a fine knowledge of the land and was a good judge of livestock.(11) Why is it that people in this state are so quick to judge someone strictly on their accent?(12) He begins his new role with, seemingly, the priceless advantage of being a good judge of a player.(13) If you put some effort into your clothes, some people may judge you to be frivolous, while others will treat you with greater respect.(14) You're a good judge of character, so hang back and observe the players before committing to a course of action.(15) The jury has been warned to judge the case only on the evidence heard in court, and not on any of the surrounding publicity.(16) He was an able judge of stock and had friends all over the region.
(1) presiding judge :: retsformanden
(2) chief judge :: overdommer
(3) judge-made law :: dommerskabt lov
(4) court judge :: dommer
(5) judge advocate :: dommer fortaler
(6) trial judge :: forsøg dommer
1. justice ::
3. jurist ::
5. form the opinion ::
6. try ::
7. adjudge ::
8. adjudicate ::
træffe afgørelse i sagen
9. assess ::
10. pronounce ::
11. estimate ::
12. evaluate ::
judge, judged, judges, judgeship, judging
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
from the JUDGE to use that ship
in the pursuit of an act of crime
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
She's a remarkable girl. The youngest
appeals-court JUDGE in New Jersey...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 11
Do you think a JUDGE will believe
in my reintegration?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
"The JUDGE guarantees you being free
in a very short time."
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
Asking me to JUDGE at your son's trial
isn't quite as tempting.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
English to Danish Dictionary: judge
Meaning and definitions of judge, translation in Danish language for judge with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of judge in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "judge"
What judge means in Danish, judge meaning in Danish, judge definition, examples and pronunciation of judge in Danish language.