mindre, færre, ringere
Adjective(1) (comparative of `little' usually used with mass nouns(2) (usually preceded by `no'(3) (nonstandard in some uses but often idiomatic with measure phrases(4) limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent, or small(5) (quantifier used with mass nouns, with `a'(6) (of children and animals(7) (informal, or small(8) (of a voice(9) low in stature; not tall(10) lowercase(11) small in a way that arouses feelings (of tenderness or its opposite depending on the context
Adverb(1) used to form the comparative of some adjectives and adverbs(2) comparative of little(3) not much
(1) he got it for less than that(2) I like it no less than they do(3) Alcohol use disorders are considerably less common in this age range than they are among younger individuals.(4) it happens less frequently(5) Urban and rural membership will be less of a fault-line than male and female.(6) Lower leaves often turn yellow as the plant begins to head and become less important.(7) There was some constant fuzz on the track, so the clarity was less than perfect.(8) They want more of acting and less of dancing on the slopes of Switzerland.(9) the less said about it the better(10) it's less expensive(11) sport is no less important(12) it's a question of time, no more no less(13) At first, the design of the network will seem less important than the content that is moved over it.(14) The main problem is that they tend to charge a lot more and that leaves less of your money going into investments.(15) they were less than helpful(16) So, the lower the charges, the less of your money is gobbled up and the better chance you have of matching the market.
(1) less than :: Mindre end
(2) more or less :: mere eller mindre
(3) much less :: meget mindre
(4) less expensive :: billigere
(5) less and less :: mindre og mindre
(6) even less :: endnu mindre
(7) not less than :: ikke mindre end
(8) no less than :: ikke mindre end
(9) no less :: intet mindre
(10) at less :: på mindre
1. not so much ::
ikke så meget
6. fewer ::
7. to a lesser degree ::
i mindre grad
8. to a smaller extent ::
i mindre omfang
10. minus ::
13. without ::
14. a smaller amount than ::
en mindre mængde end
16. under ::
17. below ::
1. major ::
2. more ::
3. primary ::
4. prime ::
5. senior ::
6. superior ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They will have LESS armor
and fewer weapons.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
you'd be LESS bitter about him winning.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 9
Perhaps even taller, smarter
and LESS prone to freckling.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
- Would you say that's 40 milliliters?
- More or LESS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
No more, no LESS.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
English to Danish Dictionary: less
Meaning and definitions of less, translation in Danish language for less with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of less in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "less"
What less means in Danish, less meaning in Danish, less definition, examples and pronunciation of less in Danish language.