læsse, overfylde, ladelæs, byrde, vægt
Noun(1) weight to be borne or conveyed(2) a quantity that can be processed or transported at one time(3) goods carried by a large vehicle(4) an amount of alcohol sufficient to intoxicate(5) the power output of a generator or power plant(6) an onerous or difficult concern(7) a deposit of valuable ore occurring within definite boundaries separating it from surrounding rocks(8) the front part of a guided missile or rocket or torpedo that carries the nuclear or explosive charge or the chemical or biological agents(9) electrical device to which electrical power is delivered
Verb(1) fill or place a load on(2) provide (a device(3) transfer from a storage device to a computer's memory(4) put (something(5) corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance; often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones
(1) But looking at the potential load on the server, here are some numbers with that.(2) Michael immediately began to load boxes and bags of food and supplies into the van.(3) Some of the sediment load was trapped within the meanders, forming extended point-bars.(4) she was talking a load of rubbish(5) It is possible he will be asked to drop some of the weight to ease the load on his left knee, in which he tore the ACL in 1998.(6) a tractor-trailer load of new appliances(7) consumers will find it difficult to service their heavy load of debt(8) This is a mammoth task by any criteria, and the more hands there are the lighter the work load for each individual.(9) the increased load on the heart caused by a raised arterial pressure(10) Joints move and bear a load : your weight, in other words.(11) If you must use an extension cord, use a cord that's rated for the electrical load and no longer really needed.(12) Changing the length of a transmission line will change the input impedance if the load isn't properly matched to the line.(13) Alicia's fervent hope was that her love and support would make his painful load easier to bear.(14) Perhaps this is, in part, a lesson learned from forgetting to load film into my camera as a junior.(15) To conserve water and energy, wait until you have a full load before running your dishwasher or washing machine.(16) following breakfast we clear the table and load the dishwasher
(1) load up :: lægge op
(2) load cell :: vejecelle
(3) heavy load :: Tung belastning
(4) full load :: fuld belastning
(5) load balancing :: load balancing
(6) load capacity :: kapacitet belastning
(7) full container load :: hel container
(8) dead load :: egenvægt
(9) load factor :: belastningsfaktor
(10) peak load :: spidsbelastning
1. cargo ::
2. a lot of ::
3. commitment ::
4. loading ::
5. shipment ::
6. warhead ::
8. lode ::
9. fill ::
10. pack ::
11. burden ::
12. reward ::
13. prime ::
14. insert ::
15. bias ::
16. charge ::
17. load up ::
18. debase ::
1. ace ::
2. bit ::
3. dab ::
4. dram ::
5. driblet ::
6. glimmer ::
7. hint ::
8. lick ::
9. little ::
10. mite ::
11. nip ::
12. ounce ::
13. pinch ::
14. pittance ::
15. scruple ::
16. shade ::
load, loadable, loaded, loader, loaders, loading, loads
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's a new design.
Much easier to LOAD. There's no crank.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
Well, there's a LOAD
off my mind.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
What a LOAD of hooey.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 5
It's taking forever to LOAD the new
operating system on my computer.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 12
Give it a
second to LOAD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
English to Danish Dictionary: load
Meaning and definitions of load, translation in Danish language for load with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of load in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "load"
What load means in Danish, load meaning in Danish, load definition, examples and pronunciation of load in Danish language.