Noun(1) the most common medium of exchange; functions as legal tender(2) wealth reckoned in terms of money(3) the official currency issued by a government or national bank
(1) Contrary to popular belief, police do not make money out of issuing speeding tickets.(2) If I had the money , I'd buy her a van to let her get around and do the things she likes to do.(3) she gave me spending money(4) It was a way for her to make money while going to acting auditions.(5) I only have English money(6) We can borrow money from the European pool of savings at no incremental cost to ourselves.(7) I pay tax on my money , my taxed income is paid to the nanny and then I pay tax for the nanny on top.(8) They are in the business of lending money and the more money they lend the more profit they make.(9) he borrowed money to modernize the shop(10) Sure make money , but empower and provide opportunities to local populations as well.(11) Applied efficiently and correctly, that sort of money could work miracles.(12) The truth was distorted in order to make a story and to make money .(13) he borrowed money to modernize the store(14) she accepted the job at the public school since the money was better(15) All of that costs a lot of money and to date the government hasn't been prepared to put that sort of money in.(16) He's a hypocrite who sends his child to private school, but opposes choice for parents without his sort of money .
(1) make money :: lave penge
(2) save money :: spare penge
(3) pocket money :: lommepenge
(4) a lot of money :: mange penge
(5) earn money :: tjene penge
(6) money order :: postanvisning
(7) spend money :: bruge penge
(8) some money :: nogle penge
(9) money transfer :: pengeoverførsel
(10) get money :: få penge
1. cash ::
2. wealth ::
3. pay ::
1. pauper ::
money, moneyed, moneys
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
which was fortunate, but even still,
Ulf is demanding blood MONEY,
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
This is what happens when you decide
to pay our bills with drug MONEY.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
I take your dirty MONEY and I slip it
into the salon's nice clean cash flow.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
So how do I decide
who gets the MONEY?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
I'm sorry, Bert, but aren't you worried
she's only with you for your MONEY?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
English to Danish Dictionary: money
Meaning and definitions of money, translation in Danish language for money with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of money in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "money"
What money means in Danish, money meaning in Danish, money definition, examples and pronunciation of money in Danish language.