Noun(1) good-natured tolerance of delay or incompetence(2) a card game played by one person
(1) you can find bargains if you have the patience to sift through the dross(2) "Just spit it out, " I commanded, feeling my patience grow thin.(3) Sometimes, to make a point, you have to stretch their patience to the limit.(4) He is a decent hitter, has great patience at the plate and is defensively solid.(5) He demonstrated extraordinary patience as he posed for photographs and autographed all sorts of items.(6) His tribulations at a sport at which he previously naturally excelled would have tried the patience of a saint.(7) One sister has already nabbed the food and cards, and is sitting playing patience .(8) In my experience foreigners have no patience with this sort of thinking.(9) But his patience paid off, in the end, as it always did.(10) They are a point back and had to exercise extreme patience against their visitors.(11) Our local general practitioners have shown great patience and understanding when treating my son for minor ailments.(12) Without their knowledge - and infinite patience - this story would not have happened.(13) My fingers played with my pulled up brown hair as my patience wore thin.(14) I have run out of patience with her(15) I made a third phone call a few days later, but their patience with me was obviously running out.(16) Do you really want to put your patience to the limit?
(1) have patience :: hav tålmodighed
(2) exercise patience :: motion tålmodighed
(3) quality of patience :: kvaliteten af tålmodighed
(4) lose patience :: miste tålmodigheden
(5) keep patience :: holde tålmodighed
1. forbearance ::
2. perseverance ::
3. solitaire ::
1. impatience ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I have endless PATIENCE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 17
But influence is
largely a matter of PATIENCE, I have found.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
Thanks for your PATIENCE.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
I was surprised when he died. Didn't
think death had the PATIENCE.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
Have PATIENCE, Khaleesi.
We will go home, I promise you.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
English to Danish Dictionary: patience
Meaning and definitions of patience, translation in Danish language for patience with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of patience in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "patience"
What patience means in Danish, patience meaning in Danish, patience definition, examples and pronunciation of patience in Danish language.