betale, yde, viseløn, betaling, hyre
Noun(1) something that remunerates
Verb(1) give money, usually in exchange for goods or services(2) convey, as of a compliment, regards, attention, etc.; bestow(3) cancel or discharge a debt(4) bring in(5) do or give something to somebody in return(6) dedicate(7) be worth it(8) render(9) bear (a cost or penalty(10) make a compensation for(11) discharge or settle
(1) It is a question as to whether you are liable to pay a sum of money under the Tax Act.(2) However, hedge funds are risky in that if they lose money, clients pay no fee at all.(3) I am happy to pay with my life for any possible reflection on the honour of the flag.(4) We were hired at a particular rate of pay , which is just about a reasonable working wage.(5) We are stuck with finding this additional money to pay staff salaries and wages.(6) The garment workers, who are owed back pay , have no money for return fares to China.(7) It's now got the lowest base rates of pay of any public service department.(8) The booty enabled him to clear his debts and pay large sums into the treasury, all without incurring a risk of prosecution.(9) He therefore refuses to pay the outstanding instalments on the dynamite and, in fact, sells some of it to Edward.(10) I went there whenever I had a chance and the money to pay the entrance fee.(11) She's always afraid that someone is going to find out and that she'll pay with her life, like her father.(12) I'll pay(13) They are the ones who speak out, resist, and pay with their liberty or their lives.(14) the destroyer responsible for these atrocities would have to pay with his life(15) Workers' hourly rates of pay also include allowances for board and lodgings.(16) Variable rates of pay will also create a factory system within schools.
(1) pay attention :: Vær opmærksom
(2) to pay :: at betale
(3) pay for :: betale for
(4) pay out :: udbetale
(5) severance pay :: fratrædelsesgodtgørelse
(6) pay rise :: lønforhøjelse
(7) pay up :: betal
(8) pay the bill :: betal regningen
1. salary ::
2. wage ::
3. reward ::
4. spend ::
5. discharge ::
6. yield ::
7. be profitable ::
8. be advantageous ::
9. bestow ::
10. suffer ::
11. give ::
13. ante up ::
14. bear ::
copay, paar, pacy, paine, pas, pay, payable, payed, payee, payees, payer, payers, paying, payphone, payphones, pays, payware, paywares
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I will PAY you every month
and I will PAY you on time.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
You just go down to the court on Thursday,
and you PAY the fine.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
Lord Cerwyn refused to PAY.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
that's a copy of something
that was on PAY cable.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 5
PAY their debts.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
English to Danish Dictionary: pay
Meaning and definitions of pay, translation in Danish language for pay with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of pay in Danish and in English
Tags for the entry "pay"
What pay means in Danish, pay meaning
in Danish, pay definition, examples and pronunciation
of pay in Danish language.