Noun(1) dish baked in pastry-lined pan often with a pastry top(2) a prehistoric unrecorded language that was the ancestor of all Indo-European languages
(1) My favourite dish is his pecan pie , unquestionably the best I've ever eaten.(2) The pizza comes in all different sizes and they offer delivery service as well, but what surprised me was the dough cube sitting in the middle of my pizza pie .(3) So after a full hour and a half of preparation we stuck the pizza pie into the oven.(4) Since time immemorial, pizza makers have been arguing whether a pie is only as good as its crust, or its toppings - or the sheer timing of it.(5) Pour the filling in the pie dish, and fold the flaps of dough over the borders of the filling.(6) a meat pie(7) Others chose the cool shade of out-of-the-way awnings under which they could munch pizza pie and smoke.(8) We ordered a pizza pie and sat down at a table in the middle of the seating area.(9) And if you want the full effects go eat a pizza pie !(10) Slices come from a pie that was cooked maybe an hour ago and are reheated back in the pizza oven whereas a pie is lovingly made to order from scratch and served immediately.(11) Put the potato into a piping bag with a 2cm plain nozzle and pipe on to the meat mixture in the pie dish.(12) Fill the pastry case with the pumpkin mixture and bake the pie on the hot baking tray for 15 minutes.(13) Ella had her eye on a strawberry-topped pie with a pastry base and firm custardlike filling.(14) Towards the nineteenth century, the pie was the smallest minted coin in India.(15) For a main dish bake a pie with pumpkin, yam and potato.(16) Pour the cooled sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the pie dish and cover with puff pastry.
(1) apple pie :: æbletærte
(2) meat pie :: kødtærte
(3) cutie pie :: cutie pie
(4) pumpkin pie :: græskar tærte
(5) pie chart :: lagkagediagram
(6) pecan pie :: Pekan tærte
(7) mince pie :: hakkekød pie
(8) chicken pie :: kyllingetærte
(9) sweet pie :: sød tærte
1. pastry ::
2. tart ::
3. turnover ::
pie, pieing, pies, piing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Maybe after lunch we can go
to Marie Callender's and have some PIE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
Hello, Hot Pie.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
Hot Pie, tell Gendry
what makes a fight into a battle.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
We'll carve them up like walnut PIE.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
she's about to make a pecan PIE
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 6
English to Danish Dictionary: pie
Meaning and definitions of pie, translation in Danish language for pie with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pie in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "pie"
What pie means in Danish, pie meaning in Danish, pie definition, examples and pronunciation of pie in Danish language.