kostbar, køn, nydelig
Adjective(1) characterized by feeling or showing fond affection for(2) of high worth or cost(3) held in great esteem for admirable qualities especially of an intrinsic nature(4) obviously contrived to charm
(1) There may be precious little grace in these streets, but there's a precious lot of talent in these pages.(2) How could anyone do this to his precious flower?(3) Along with the fund-raising came an even more critical search - a quest to find a contributor of something more precious than cash.(4) We were not rich, but we had a few bits of furniture and other treasures that were precious to us and we took as much as we could, including our piano.(5) I know we can't go around as if ├ö├ç├┐walking on egg shells├ö├ç├û, but it would be a move in the right direction to confirm to our partner that they are still very precious to us.(6) However, I don't buy the mother's story that her little precious doesn't know what a pimp is.(7) Our most precious heritage, our English language, is also suffering.(8) ├ö├ç├┐They are playing with the communities that are precious to me and they're playing with my life as a worker,├ö├ç├û he said.(9) Inside the red box was a diamond necklace, engraved with several other precious gems.(10) Then he loses a watch precious to his grandfather.(11) I wanted to have something precious to love and care for; it wasn't simply enough to be loved anymore.(12) If we don't squander this precious space on parking, we could do all manner of interesting things on this site, which could be linked through foot and cycle tracks to the rest of Trowbridge.(13) Nothing in the musical treatment is contrived, pretentious or remotely precious .(14) This vitality is precious : through our behavior and life-style, we can either nourish or else dissipate it.(15) You are precious in his sight, chosen and beloved from before time began.(16) The site borders the River Spey and residents are concerned that precious soakaway or catchment land will be removed, sending high waters flooding on to the new estates.
(1) precious stone :: Dyrebar sten
(2) precious metals :: værdifulde metaller
(3) precious stones :: ædelsten
(4) precious metal :: ædelmetal
(5) precious little :: meget lidt
(6) very precious :: meget kostbar
(7) most precious :: mest værdifulde
(8) precious thing :: dyrebare ting
(9) be precious :: være værdifuld
(10) precious few :: meget få
1. valuable ::
2. valued ::
3. affected ::
5. cute ::
6. preciously ::
1. cheap ::
2. inexpensive ::
precious, preciously, preciousness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And you're all tucked in at night
with your PRECIOUS family.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
Some things are
too PRECIOUS to lose...
Westworld Season 2, Episode 5
these are PRECIOUS to I.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
your face is like
a PRECIOUS dew-kissed flower..."
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
My stepmother didn't want any rivals
for her PRECIOUS daughter,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
English to Danish Dictionary: precious
Meaning and definitions of precious, translation in Danish language for precious with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of precious in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "precious"
What precious means in Danish, precious meaning in Danish, precious definition, examples and pronunciation of precious in Danish language.