nå, opnå, strækning
Noun(1) the limits within which something can be effective(2) (3) the act of physically reaching or thrusting out(4) the limit of capability
Verb(1) reach a destination, either real or abstract(2) reach a point in time, or a certain state or level(3) move forward or upward in order to touch; also in a metaphorical sense(4) be in or establish communication with(5) to gain with effort(6) to extend as far as(7) reach a goal(8) place into the hands or custody of(9) to exert much effort or energy
(1) the radio station has a wide reach(2) There's some useful and insightful material in this volume, but there are unfortunate limits to its reach .(3) His height and reach - skills that make him such a good full back - would serve him well in the game of tennis.(4) The shorter boxer seemed to start having difficulty with the height and reach advantage.(5) in its native habitat it will reach to about 6 m in height(6) He explains that the phone is new and mainly for his family to reach him.(7) It didn't take them long to reach the huge double doors at the end of the hallway.(8) It proved to be extremely difficult to reach the levels of the previous agreement.(9) she made a reach for him(10) He was a teacher and lecturer of great skill and clarity whose range was beyond the reach of most of his younger colleagues in the faculty.(11) In previous times, radio was very local, but broadcasts now reach a national, even international audience.(12) So when I finally arrived to Terminal 1 my mom was already on the phone trying to reach me on my cell.(13) just round that corner, by them mango trees, and we reach(14) They hope that their message of tolerance will reach those who lack awareness in such matters.(15) He can be unpredictable, able to move swiftly round the ring and be elusive, but has the height and reach to stand and trade blows.(16) You can also request that all the outlets and switches be installed at a height above the reach of the average toddler.
(1) reach out :: række ud
(2) to reach :: at nå
(3) out of reach :: uden for rækkevidde
(4) within reach :: Indenfor rækkevidde
(5) reach for :: gå efter
(6) reach an agreement :: nå til enighed
(7) reach up :: nå op
(8) reach for the sky :: nå til himlen
(9) reach to :: nå til
(10) reach over :: nå op over
1. grasp ::
3. jurisdiction ::
4. stretch ::
5. range ::
6. ambit ::
7. stretch out ::
8. pass ::
9. arrive at ::
10. attain ::
11. achieve ::
12. get in touch with ::
komme i kontakt med
13. influence ::
14. give ::
15. make ::
16. hit ::
17. reach out ::
18. strive ::
19. contact ::
20. touch ::
reach, reachable, reached, reaches, reaching
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
REACH out and take it.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
Did you REACH the west?
Vikings Season 1, Episode 3
You could be Lord of the Reach.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
♪ Arms that REACH ♪
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
I've been trying to REACH you.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
English to Danish Dictionary: reach
Meaning and definitions of reach, translation in Danish language for reach with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of reach in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "reach"
What reach means in Danish, reach meaning in Danish, reach definition, examples and pronunciation of reach in Danish language.