Noun(1) food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing; usually consisting of or including greens
(1) bowls of salad(2) An Italian grill with such house favorites as a lobster club sandwich and grilled salmon salad .(3) Serve this as a light starter or with some slices of mozzarella as a main meal salad for vegetarians.(4) This week we had a carrot salad with diced chilies, pickled lemon rind and cilantro.(5) The mushroom salad was really a mushroom sauce, but made a wonderfully earthy contrast to the taste of the sea.(6) a red pepper filled with tuna salad(7) Sow salad crops directly into the ground to continue getting fresh plants.(8) I hope they run wild on the island, because I used up my five ingredients in the salad .(9) She said Jayne could order a house salad and garlic bread if she wanted, but that would be extra.(10) 5 Now, toss the salad with the dressing and make mounds in the centre of two serving plates.(11) My partner and I had the Mediterranean salad and the mushroom gratin to start, for main the salmon fillet and fillet of beef.(12) Also included is keema and peas with naan bread, vine tomato and mozzarella melt, tuna salad and chicken curry.(13) a green salad(14) The avocado salad was comprised of iceberg lettuce, tomato, onion and a whole sliced avocado.(15) My spinach, bacon and egg salad was delicious with just enough dressing to make it glisten without drowning it.(16) If you've got a dry bread, add a slice of tomato, a little extra mayo, or save it for tuna or egg salad .
(1) fruit salad :: frugtsalat
(2) salad dressing :: salatdressing
(3) green salad :: Grøn salat
(4) potato salad :: kartoffelsalat
(5) salad bar :: salatbar
(6) mixed salad :: blandet salat
(7) salad fork :: salat gaffel
(8) tomato salad :: tomatsalat
(9) tossed salad :: kastede salat
1. salad ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...Leonard could frequent sushi bars,
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 5
I saw that you purchased
the chef's SALAD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
Instead of underpants, I covered
my crotch with potato SALAD. Thoughts?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
Other than he's deader
than a Texas SALAD bar
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
Don't worry, we're planning to have sex
right on the SALAD bar.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 12
English to Danish Dictionary: salad
Meaning and definitions of salad, translation in Danish language for salad with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of salad in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "salad"
What salad means in Danish, salad meaning in Danish, salad definition, examples and pronunciation of salad in Danish language.