Noun(1) the process of totally saturating something with a substance(2) the act of soaking thoroughly with a liquid(3) a condition in which a quantity no longer responds to some external influence(4) chromatic purity: freedom from dilution with white and hence vivid in hue
(1) Print and broadcast outlets both operate on fixed schedules, but broadcast outlets break into regular entertainment programming to offer saturation coverage.(2) We are in the era of the one-week number one, given saturation airplay for weeks in advance, eased into place with crushing predictability and instantly forgotten.(3) The style is reminiscent of glossy fashion photography at times, with good lighting and color saturation .(4) Systematic studies of the prevalence of sexually explicit materials appear at first glance to to verify views about the saturation of western society with violent pornography.(5) The Americans opted for saturation bombing of key targets like St Lo, the German advance communications HQ, nothing of which remained afterwards.(6) However, when we pump oil out of the ground, there is an irreducible saturation beyond which the oil won't move.(7) Allegations of censorship, bias and sensationalism have dogged the current saturation coverage of the war.(8) While viewing the film, I noticed no artifacts of any kind in the image, and color saturation and black levels and detail were superb.(9) However, by the late 1970s a natural saturation set in.(10) The saturation of each of the four inks determined where the submission was placed in the book.(11) The only controls applied were those of traditional darkroom work, including brightness, contrast and saturation .(12) His oxygen saturation was 98 per-cent as measured by pulse oximetry, and his peak flows were only mildly reduced from his baseline.(13) One effortlessly got saturation coverage, the other struggled to get noticed, despite the mandatory presence of a celebrity, a suitably weighty one too.(14) saturation bombing(15) Unfortunately for football-haters like me and some of my friends, last night the charge that football has saturation coverage on modern television does have some credence.(16) the springs on the left slope of the hill lie below the level of permanent saturation
(1) saturation point :: mætningspunkt
(2) market saturation :: mætning markedet
(3) color saturation :: farvemætning
(4) saturation pressure :: mætningstrykket
1. chroma ::
2. intensity ::
English to Danish Dictionary: saturation
Meaning and definitions of saturation, translation in Danish language for saturation with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of saturation in Danish and in English
Tags for the entry "saturation"
What saturation means in Danish, saturation meaning
in Danish, saturation definition, examples and pronunciation
of saturation in Danish language.