Verb(1) serve a purpose, role, or function(2) do duty or hold offices; serve in a specific function(3) contribute or conduce to(4) be used by; as of a utility(5) help to some food; help with food or drink(6) provide (usually but not necessarily food(7) devote (part of(8) promote, benefit, or be useful or beneficial to(9) spend time in prison or in a labor camp(10) work for or be a servant to(11) deliver a warrant or summons to someone(12) be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity(13) do military service(14) mate with(15) put the ball into play
(1) to serve a ball long(2) It points to a post-medical age, where doctors serve desires rather than treat disease.(3) Laser shots and explosions are fairly generic but serve the purpose well.(4) he tossed the ball up to serve(5) They went to the kitchens, and found the kitchen workers ready to serve cookies and drinks on the spot.(6) I will continue to serve this organization with all my energy, wisdom, and passion as I have done in the past.(7) This recipe makes enough to serve four as a main course, more as a side dish.(8) The proposed lake, which has caused some concern locally in case it affects underground water supplies, will serve three purposes.(9) These resisters are arrested, tried, and often sentenced to serve long terms in prison and jail.(10) Everyone fell silent though when the prince raised his racket and ball to serve .(11) councillors are elected to serve the public(12) It does serve his political strategy to stay away from the facts.(13) they serve wine instead of beer(14) Empanelling a grand jury empowers prosecutors both to serve subpoenas, and to gather testimony under oath.(15) They spoke openly about their prognosis when they realised they would have to serve eight months in prison.(16) before long Lodge was the only man in his section able to serve the guns
(1) to serve :: at tjene
(2) serve as :: tjene som, arbejde som
(3) first come first serve :: først til mølle
(4) serve up :: tjene op
(5) serve on a jury :: tjene på en jury
(6) serve out :: tjene ud
(7) serve with :: tjene med
(8) soft serve :: bløde tjene
(9) serve a purpose :: tjener et formål
(10) serve time :: tjene tid
1. work for ::
2. be of service to ::
være til tjeneste for
3. be a member of ::
være medlem af
6. attend to ::
7. present with ::
til stede med
8. act as ::
9. suffice ::
10. function ::
11. service ::
12. attend ::
13. do ::
14. serve well ::
15. process ::
16. dish ::
17. help ::
18. service ::
serve, served, serves, serving, servings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You SERVE nothing and no one
by following him into the earth.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
I had a table too, but I didn't have any friends,
so all I did was SERVE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
There are other ways to SERVE, my lord.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
I don't SERVE the others. I SERVE Stannis.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
I promise I'll SERVE you well.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4
English to Danish Dictionary: serve
Meaning and definitions of serve, translation in Danish language for serve with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of serve in Danish and in English
Tags for the entry "serve"
What serve means in Danish, serve meaning
in Danish, serve definition, examples and pronunciation
of serve in Danish language.