lide, tillade, gennemgå
Verb(1) undergo or be subjected to(2) undergo (as of injuries and illnesses(3) experience (emotional(4) put up with something or somebody unpleasant(5) get worse(6) feel pain or be in pain(7) feel physical pain(8) feel unwell or uncomfortable(9) be given to(10) undergo or suffer(11) be set at a disadvantage
(1) Bird dismisses fears that editorial quality will suffer .(2) I won't suffer her bad manners(3) France will no longer suffer the existing government(4) you'll suffer for it yet!(5) my conscience would not suffer me to accept any more(6) Global support for Olympics will suffer if Games appear tainted(7) to suffer for your sins(8) Without it, quality will suffer at every level from the standard of research, thinking and writing to the number of typos.(9) Older children may suffer personality changes from mild to the extreme.(10) his relationship with Anne did suffer(11) the poor are going to suffer most(12) he didn't suffer any distress(13) the elderly suffer the effects of heat most(14) he won't suffer anyone else to do it(15) you'll never have to suffer them again(16) Quality television programmes will suffer as a ratings war between BBC and ITV sidelines them in favour of soaps, an independent producer warned.
(1) suffer from :: lider af
(2) to suffer :: at lide
(3) suffer in silence :: lider i stilhed
(4) suffer the consequences :: lider under følgerne
(5) suffer losses :: lider tab
(6) suffer injury :: lider skade
(7) suffer from diarrhea :: lider af diarré
(8) suffer from colic :: lider kolik
1. hurt ::
3. undergo ::
4. be impaired ::
5. tolerate ::
6. allow ::
give lov til
7. ache ::
8. endure ::
9. lose ::
10. get ::
11. meet ::
1. ban ::
2. enjoin ::
3. forbid ::
4. prohibit ::
5. proscribe ::
6. veto ::
suffer, suffered, sufferer, sufferers, suffering, sufferings, suffers
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Lovers SUFFER a lot, dear.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 5
-To make me SUFFER like you did?
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
from being a lethal disease
for all those who SUFFER it
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
One hundred thirty beats.
He's going to SUFFER a heart attack.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
Don't let her SUFFER.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
English to Danish Dictionary: suffer
Meaning and definitions of suffer, translation in Danish language for suffer with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of suffer in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "suffer"
What suffer means in Danish, suffer meaning in Danish, suffer definition, examples and pronunciation of suffer in Danish language.