Noun(1) conduit consisting of a long hollow object (usually cylindrical(2) electronic device consisting of a system of electrodes arranged in an evacuated glass or metal envelope(3) a hollow cylindrical shape(4) (anatomy(5) an electric railway operating below the surface of the ground (usually in a city
Verb(1) provide with a tube or insert a tube into(2) convey in a tube(3) ride or float on an inflated tube(4) place or enclose in a tube
(1) Eustachian tube(2) However, on the train and tube , I heard lots of northern accents.(3) The fuselage was steel tube with fabric and aluminum covering while the tail was welded steel tubing with fabric covering.(4) This effect can also be seen when a liquid is in a tube such as a measuring cylinder.(5) Such lamps have two electrodes in a ceramic tube that contains small amounts of mercury and metal-halide salts.(6) He punctured my eardrum, drained the fluid and inserted a plastic tube .(7) Instead I will be spending two hours a day on buses, trains and the tube .(8) For a more classic look, there's a square-necked jacket with lateral buttons worn with a tube skirt hemmed at just below the knees.(9) To perform this experiment a little oil of turpentine was placed at the bottom of a glass tube surrounded with boiling liquid air.(10) watching the tube in a country bar(11) a tube skirt(12) the firm manufactures steel tube for a wide variety of applications(13) A toothpaste tube had been squeezed flat by a shoe.(14) The radiologist connects a barium bag to the tube to deliver liquid barium into your colon.(15) Whereas a few decades ago most homes did not have a television, today it is estimated that kids spend upwards of 25 hours per week in front of the tube .(16) a tube of lager
(1) test tube :: reagensglas
(2) inner tube :: indre rør
(3) the tube :: røret
(4) vacuum tube :: vakuumrør
(5) rubber tube :: gummislange
(6) fallopian tube :: æggeleder
(7) tube station :: Metro Station
(8) cathode ray tube :: katodestrålerør
(9) hot tube :: hot tube
(10) glass tube :: glasrør
1. cylinder ::
2. underground ::
3. thermionic tube ::
4. pipe ::
5. tubing ::
tube, tubed, tubeless, tubes
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I got a sexy new TUBE top
that says "come hither"...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 23
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 3
is to advance
along this TUBE in the subsoil
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
This nano vacuum TUBE idea of
yours is really interesting.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 7
Vacuum TUBE amp,
which is, by far, the best,
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
English to Danish Dictionary: tube
Meaning and definitions of tube, translation in Danish language for tube with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tube in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "tube"
What tube means in Danish, tube meaning in Danish, tube definition, examples and pronunciation of tube in Danish language.