- to gange
Adverb(1) two times(2) to double the degree
(1) Arthur had also been telephoning Violet at least twice a week for over twelve months.(2) To come back against Celtic twice speaks volumes about my team and their commitment.(3) The figures also show that men are more than twice as likely to be registered as out of work as women.(4) the tablets should be taken twice a day(5) He said he had confided that he was hearing voices, and had woken twice at night screaming.(6) People in the province are twice as likely to be victims of violent assault than in America.(7) Mr Fear, a tree surgeon, takes the children to work on the allotment at least twice a week.(8) I was unlucky enough to have my car broken into twice and badly damaged over the same weekend.(9) Mahler sang his praises, and Puccini said he had twice as much talent as he needed.(10) He won twice at Darley Moor and on several occasions he has picked up the first novice award.(11) If the average wage doubles, then we'll all have twice as much to spend on where we live.(12) Be sure to clean out and fill the bird bath with fresh water twice a week in hot weather.(13) He had twice had injections of local anaesthetic because it had become so painful.(14) I'm twice your age(15) The ceiling is covered in mirrors which reflects the light and makes the room seem twice as high.(16) Those who fail are almost twice as anxious and have faster heart rates than those who pass.
(1) twice a week :: to gange om ugen
(2) think twice :: Tænk dig om
(3) twice a day :: to gange om dagen
(4) once or twice :: en eller to gange
(5) twice daily :: to gange dagligt
(6) twice as much :: dobbelt så meget
(7) twice as many :: dobbelt så mange
(8) twice as :: dobbelt så
(9) once bitten twice shy :: brændt barn skyr ilden
(10) twice the amount :: den dobbelte mængde
1. double ::
2. doubly ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, really? Wow. Blink TWICE
if you're here against your will.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
- Is he a ham?
- That's TWICE I've warned you.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
The feds have already taken
Kaylee's money TWICE.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 9
Didn't you see Taylor Swift
TWICE this month?
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 17
we'll train with the sword TWICE a day,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
English to Danish Dictionary: twice
Meaning and definitions of twice, translation in Danish language for twice with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of twice in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "twice"
What twice means in Danish, twice meaning in Danish, twice definition, examples and pronunciation of twice in Danish language.