endnu, dog, alligevel
Adverb(1) up to the present time(2) used in negative statement to describe a situation that has existed up to this point or up to the present time(3) to a greater degree or extent; used with comparisons, or still(4) within an indefinite time or at an unspecified future time(5) used after a superlative(6) despite anything to the contrary (usually preceding a concession
(1) He said he hopes to leave Sunday, but has not yet decided on the length of his visit.(2) By now she's growing more fond of the kids, yet she never takes her eyes off the bonus money.(3) further research may yet explain the enigma(4) I wrote that chapter with that intention, but no one has mentioned it as of yet .(5) He has run fewer races yet has already won nearly ten times more prize money than Arkle.(6) the decision hasn't been made yet(7) wait, don't go yet(8) My life is going to change so much and become harder, so quickly, and yet I already have so many problems.(9) Sarah is in her second year of teaching yet has already been promoted to Head of Department.(10) No cure has yet been found for the disease but Jonathan's father Don said they cannot give up trying.(11) Its era is only little over 10 years old, yet the internet has already changed everything it touches.(12) I have yet to be convinced(13) final confirmation has yet to come(14) A brief detente and the hope for a lasting peace have given way to acrimony yet again.(15) The old man doesn't arrive for weeks yet ; there is still plenty of time.(16) I will start writing properly on the blog again in the future, but I can't say yet when that will be.
(1) not yet :: ikke endnu
(2) and yet :: og stadigvæk
(3) as yet :: som endnu
(4) yet again :: endnu engang
(5) yet not :: endnu ikke
(6) just yet :: bare endnu
(7) or not yet :: eller endnu ikke
(8) but yet :: men alligevel
(9) not just yet :: ikke bare endnu
(10) still yet :: stadig endnu
1. so far ::
2. now ::
3. nevertheless ::
4. even ::
5. in time ::
6. still ::
1. thereafter ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And YET she still has friends,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
- Can you hear anything?
- Not YET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
YET here you stand, King in the North.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
- Guys, tickets already went on sale!
00:01:01,855 --> 00:01:03,314
They're not supposed to be available YET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 11
Yet you have known other women.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
English to Danish Dictionary: yet
Meaning and definitions of yet, translation in Danish language for yet with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of yet in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "yet"
What yet means in Danish, yet meaning in Danish, yet definition, examples and pronunciation of yet in Danish language.