udvide, række frem, udstrække
Verb(1) extend in scope or range or area(2) stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point(3) span an interval of distance, space or time(4) make available; provide(5) thrust or extend out(6) reach outward in space(7) offer verbally(8) extend one's limbs or muscles, or the entire body(9) expand the influence of(10) lengthen in time; cause to be or last longer(11) extend or stretch out to a greater or the full length(12) cause to move at full gallop(13) open or straighten out; unbend(14) use to the utmost; exert vigorously or to full capacity(15) prolong the time allowed for payment of(16) continue or extend
(1) the mountains extend over the western end of the island(2) The spine wall at this location thus functioned as a retaining wall, allowing the floors of the rooms to extend 1.50 m beyond the limits of the bedrock shelf.(3) Step two: clench your fists and extend your two thumbs.(4) Questions have already been raised over whether Glasgow should extend its boundaries to increase its tax revenue base.(5) Lie on your back, legs straight, and extend your arms overhead, stretching your hands and feet as far apart as possible.(6) Holding the block, extend your legs straight up in the air so they your torso and legs make a 90-degree angle.(7) they asked the government to extend its period of deliberation(8) When you extend your legs your body forms a V shape; when you lower your legs your feet form a V shape.(9) her generosity did not extend to all adults(10) The legislation will allow bars and pubs to apply for licenses that extend beyond the current limit of 11 pm.(11) Mr Green wants to make alterations and additions to the building to create a new restaurant, extend his kitchen and increase the number of toilets to include facilities for the disabled.(12) The desert sands of central Western Australia extend right up to the coast at Shark Bay; there are no rivers and rainfall is extremely low.(13) On some authors' request, we have decided to extend the deadline for submitting manuscripts to May 31 2001.(14) If the parents extend a wedding invitation and you have no address for the bride should you send the gift to the home of the parents?(15) She suffered torn knee ligaments and a broken right heel and is unable to extend one leg fully 14 months after the accident.(16) It has two large, bubble-shaped cavities that extend away from a central black hole.
(1) extend to :: omfatte
(2) extend credit :: udvide kredit
(3) extend over :: strække sig over
(4) extend greetings :: udvide hilsener
(5) extend out :: strække sig ud
(6) extend the time :: forlænge tiden
(7) extend as long as :: strækker sig så længe
(8) extend an invitation :: indbyde
(9) extend a contract :: forlænge en kontrakt
1. expand ::
2. continue ::
3. widen ::
4. prolong ::
5. stretch out ::
6. hold out ::
7. offer ::
8. stretch ::
10. cover ::
11. carry ::
12. strain ::
13. protract ::
14. go ::
15. reach out ::
16. gallop ::
1. abbreviate ::
2. abridge ::
3. curtail ::
4. cut ::
5. shorten ::
extend, extendable, extended, extender, extenders, extending, extends
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
to EXTEND to you
an invitation to--
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
your right to revoke, I
exercised my right to EXTEND,
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 14
I'd thank you to EXTEND me
the same courtesy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
As a middle child myself,
I'd like to EXTEND
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
It was customary for me
to EXTEND him an invitation.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
English to Danish Dictionary: extend
Meaning and definitions of extend, translation in Danish language for extend with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of extend in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "extend"
What extend means in Danish, extend meaning in Danish, extend definition, examples and pronunciation of extend in Danish language.