Noun(1) something that should remain hidden from others (especially information that is not to be passed on(2) information known only to a special group(3) something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained
Adjective(1) not open or public; kept private or not revealed(2) conducted with or marked by hidden aims or methods(3) not openly made known(4) communicated covertly(5) not expressed, or private(6) designed to elude detection(7) hidden from general view or use(8) (of information(9) indulging only covertly(10) having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding(11) the next to highest level of official classification for documents
(1) In addition, he is accused of illegally possessing secret documents on military movements in and out of Guant?(2) The US is planning to introduce secret military tribunals which can impose the death penalty.(3) We are the secret heroes of the world, the unknown saviors standing between all we know and love and the outer dark.(4) Maybe this strange talisman contained his secret to the mysteries of life.(5) They've been trying to keep that a secret from the public.(6) It is hardly surprising that once the existence of the order leaked out, suspicions arose that the documents contained secret information not revealed at the Inquiry.(7) But they're going to have to keep it a secret from everybody else├ö├ç┬¬(8) A secret memo from the prime minister was leaked to Rupert Murdoch's newspapers last week revealing just how in thrall Blair is to the right wing.(9) A fortnight before the crash the Foreign Office issued a secret memo banning all diplomatic staff from travelling with the airline.(10) "Really, so I was a super secret weapon, a super soldier.(11) The secret to his success seemed to be less raw talent than hard work.(12) The secret is understanding the key issues and making decisions about how to act on them.(13) Mr Hague reveals his history as a secret drinker in an interview published today in a glossy men's magazine.(14) Detention can be based on secret evidence - which the detainee and their counsel cannot see, hear, or challenge.(15) There is no indication Franklin had access to secret information about technology, communications codes or US covert operations.(16) There were some more probes and the inquiries into memos and maybe a leak and I think secret documents.
(1) top secret :: top hemmeligt
(2) secret admirer :: hemmelig beundrer
(3) secret agent :: hemmelig agent
(4) secret love :: hemmelig kærlighed
(5) trade secret :: forretningshemmelighed
(6) keep a secret :: holde på en hemmelighed
(7) keep secret :: holde hemmeligt
(8) secret code :: hemmelige kode
(9) in secret :: i hemmelighed
(10) secret service :: efterretningstjenesten
1. confidential ::
2. hidden ::
3. clandestine ::
4. cryptic ::
5. secluded ::
6. private ::
7. unavowed ::
8. mystical ::
9. underground ::
10. confidential matter ::
11. mystery ::
12. recipe ::
13. arcanum ::
14. closed book ::
1. open ::
2. overt ::
3. public ::
secret, secretion, secretions, secretly, secretory, secrets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
For she was his SECRET treasure
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
Those jets are for
my SECRET spot, not his.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 5
Well, I have a SECRET
I've been keeping from you, too.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 20
It's got a SECRET sally port,
the Black Gate, as old as the Wall itself.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
and I'll teach you
my SECRET language, Op.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
English to Danish Dictionary: secret
Meaning and definitions of secret, translation in Danish language for secret with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of secret in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "secret"
What secret means in Danish, secret meaning in Danish, secret definition, examples and pronunciation of secret in Danish language.