Adjective(1) located farther aft
Adverb(1) happening at a time subsequent to a reference time(2) behind or in the rear
(1) they shouted after us(2) So many women seek after men of money or rank, and this is essentially a private affair.(3) But he seemed to be slipping as he chased after it and it was brilliant to see the ball go in.(4) Then turning and smiling through her tears she called after him.(5) Just because the show is named after him is no reason to keep him around.(6) My mother died soon after and left me the house, which is where I run my business from and make a small living.(7) In the period after 1807 most colonies experienced a decrease in the crude death rate.(8) We do ask our visitors to clean up after their dogs, especially in the more frequented areas of the estate.(9) Complications may even occur a long time after minor events as the following case shows.(10) Tradition normally sees plants used in the show go on sale after the event.(11) after us(12) It's not just your money that they're after although they certainly want that.(13) it was difficult to believe it after the Minister's statement(14) I heard voices in the cabins on either hand of me; some people came out of one of the after berths, and passed us, talking noisily but they took no heed of me or of my friend.(15) Day after day, the shocking images have been plastered all over the media.(16) He speaks of the numbness that takes hold of him after long periods of work.
(1) look after :: kig efter
(2) after all :: trods alt
(3) after that :: efter det
(4) take after :: tage efter
(5) after a while :: efter et stykke tid
(6) time after time :: igen og igen
(7) after school :: efter skole
(8) the day after tomorrow :: i overmorgen
(9) go after :: gå efter
(10) day after day :: dag efter dag
1. later ::
2. behind ::
3. following ::
4. behind ::
5. because of ::
på grund af
6. despite ::
på trods af
7. in pursuit of ::
i forfølgelsen af
8. in search of ::
i søgen efter
9. about ::
10. in honor of ::
til ære for
1. ahead ::
2. before ::
3. beforehand ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If it’s urgent,
leave the message AFTER the beep."
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
After he fell on the battlefield.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
So AFTER years with no contact,
he shows up in your restaurant
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
I'm going AFTER her.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
AFTER you cut him down.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
English to Danish Dictionary: after
Meaning and definitions of after, translation in Danish
language for after with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of after in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'after'
What after means in Danish, after meaning
in Danish, after
definition, examples and pronunciation
of after in Danish language.