Noun(1) clothing in general
Verb(1) provide with clothes or put clothes on(2) furnish with power or authority; of kings or emperors(3) cover as if with clothing
(1) ├ö├ç├┐I now feel more comfortable and relaxed at work wearing casual clothes ,├ö├ç├û she said.(2) school clothes(3) second-hand clothes(4) Meanwhile, the sister is trying to maintain standards and dignity, washing her clothes and covering her body.(5) baby clothes(6) This could also be a great place to store warm clothes like hats, gloves, scarves and boots.(7) I thought of my cracked shoes, my worn clothes , my family's urgent needs, my burden of pain.(8) The only good thing about it, was that we could wear casual clothes , instead of suits and ties.(9) She pulled out the first thing on top of the pile of clothes , a sleeveless baby pink velvety sweater with sequin trim.(10) He asked me why I was wearing boy's clothes and a baseball cap, and not a dress.(11) they were dressed in civilian clothes(12) he stripped off his clothes(13) Together they shop for baby clothes , and together they sit at the doctor's office.(14) a clothes shop(15) My partner and I run an independent clothes shop in Bournemouth, and we trade on the internet.(16) I was still wearing my school clothes - navy blue skirt, black stockings, white shirt and tie.
(1) cloth :: klæde
(2) clothe :: klæde
(3) clothes shop :: tøjbutik
(4) clothes store :: tøjbutik
(5) casual clothes :: afslappet tøj
(6) clothes hanger :: bøjle
(7) wear clothes :: gå med tøj
(8) put on clothes :: tag tøj på
(9) change clothes :: skifte tøj
(10) dirty clothes :: snavset tøj
1. clothing ::
2. apparel ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
in the brothel as Ros
took off her CLOTHES.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
And I have to get in the shower
and Penny has CLOTHES to put on, so...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 10
Take off your CLOTHES.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
How about donating
some of your CLOTHES?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 11
Why don't you put
some CLOTHES together.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
English to Danish Dictionary: clothes
Meaning and definitions of clothes, translation in Danish language for clothes with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of clothes in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "clothes"
What clothes means in Danish, clothes meaning in Danish, clothes definition, examples and pronunciation of clothes in Danish language.