rum, afdeling, kupe
Noun(1) a space into which an area is subdivided(2) a partitioned section, chamber, or separate room within a larger enclosed area
(1) For the time being, home was a railway compartment with a very hard bunk, in a train which made many inexplicable stops.(2) there's some ice cream in the freezer compartment(3) As the railway compartment became a popular venue for fictional mayhem when crime fiction flowered from the later Victorian years almost all cases involved men attacking men.(4) train compartment(5) As for ringing ahead to my parents waiting to pick me up, I ensure that I leave the carriage compartment when I ring them.(6) VerÔö£┬«d CosmetiquÔö£┬«'s bronzing powder is encased in a beautiful silver compact with a mirror and separate compartment for the brush applicator.(7) We reserved 6 reclining seats - 3 and 3 facing each other in a closed compartment .(8) The next thing she knew, she was lying on the floor of the first-class compartment being worked on by two doctors.(9) It also features a separate shoe compartment to store and protect shoes up to size U.S. men's 13.(10) The sequence built around the delivery of a child in a railway compartment is movingly handled.(11) It has a deluxe extendable handle that locks into place, as well as a separate shoe compartment and six large accessory pockets.(12) the aft cargo compartment(13) Use the local fishmonger instead of buying fish fingers from the freezer compartment .(14) passenger compartment(15) On that occasion, the group had braved freezing conditions crammed under a carriage in a compartment designed for luggage or freight.(16) There's also a separate shoe compartment with locking zippers.
(1) glove compartment :: handskerum
(2) luggage compartment :: bagagerummet
(3) engine compartment :: motorrummet
(4) passenger compartment :: kabinen
(5) baggage compartment :: bagagerum
(6) sleeping compartment :: soverummet
(7) compartment syndrome :: kompartment syndrom
1. section ::
2. part ::
3. bay ::
4. recess ::
5. chamber ::
6. cavity ::
7. pocket ::
compartment, compartmental, compartments
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Black case, top COMPARTMENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 21
And who got him to put things other
than gloves in the glove COMPARTMENT?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 5
and there's a baggie of Cheerios for you
in the glove COMPARTMENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 9
but there's a secret
COMPARTMENT in the lid.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 12
English to Danish Dictionary: compartment
Meaning and definitions of compartment, translation in Danish language for compartment with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of compartment in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "compartment"
What compartment means in Danish, compartment meaning in Danish, compartment definition, examples and pronunciation of compartment in Danish language.