krone, top, isse
Noun(1) the Crown (or the reigning monarch(2) the part of a tooth above the gum that is covered with enamel(3) a wreath or garland worn on the head to signify victory(4) an ornamental jeweled headdress signifying sovereignty(5) the part of a hat (the vertex(6) an English coin worth 5 shillings(7) the upper branches and leaves of a tree or other plant(8) the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill(9) the award given to the champion(10) the top of the head(11) (dentistry(12) the center of a cambered road
Verb(1) dwell on with satisfaction(2) express pleasure verbally(3) utter shrill sounds(4) invest with regal power; enthrone(5) be the culminating event(6) form the topmost part of(7) put an enamel cover on
(1) The flag has a horizontal red stripe on top, and a wider white stripe with a gold crown surmounted by seven stars in the middle.(2) A mould is taken in a putty-like material so that the laboratory can make a crown that fits the tooth perfectly.(3) Relax the most resistant hair first, which is usually at the back of the head or at the crown .(4) Mines in the neighbouring hills area have produced lead, silver and gold, including gold that was used in the making of a crown for James V and his queen.(5) A crown of leaves rests on his head, proclaiming him king and guardian over the garden and the house.(6) With a sense of drama and spectacle, the Incas often built on the crown of a ridge.(7) The new badge comprises of a crown , harp, shamrock, laurel leaf and torch and scales with the cross of St Patrick as a centrepiece.(8) Up until that time, the publishers, called stationers, who controlled the printing presses, had exclusive control of all written works by the grace of the crown .(9) With his lips a little loosened by alcohol, he asked Hari how he knew Will would refuse to accept the crown .(10) Just as he has done so many times before, Deacon struck the kick sweetly, the ball sailing directly between the uprights to crown one of the most memorable comebacks in Super League history.(11) He was an imposing figure, and for all that he wore no crown or sign of office, one could not have mistaken his rank, nor his authority.(12) Now Bill is planning one more shot at regaining his world crown .(13) She smiled, leaning her cheek on the crown of his head.(14) However, the Petri brothers wanted freedom from the crown as well as Rome.(15) In colonial America loyalists to the crown were called Tories.(16) It occupies the crown of a big hill, and it is so hush-hush that it doesn't have a name that I can tell you or that anyone would tell me.
(1) the crown :: kronen
(2) crown prince :: Kronprins
(3) royal crown :: kongekrone
(4) imperial crown :: kejserlige krone
(5) crown jewels :: kronjuveler
(6) crown flower :: krone blomst
(7) crown of the head :: krone af hovedet
(8) crown glass :: krone glas
(9) half-crown :: halv-krone
(10) half-a-crown :: en halv krone
1. coronet ::
2. title ::
3. monarch ::
4. top ::
5. pate ::
6. jacket crown ::
7. pennant ::
8. treetop ::
9. crest ::
10. diadem ::
11. enthrone ::
12. round off ::
13. top ::
14. coronate ::
1. bottom ::
2. nadir ::
crown, crowned, crowning, crowns
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...wearing the birthday king CROWN,
playing laser tag with all my friends.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
They spend their whole lives
preparing for the CROWN.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
How much can the CROWN afford?
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
I've saved the CROWN
hundreds of thousands on this wedding.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
The faith and the CROWN are the two pillars
that hold up this world.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
English to Danish Dictionary: crown
Meaning and definitions of crown, translation in Danish language for crown with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of crown in Danish and in English
Tags for the entry "crown"
What crown means in Danish, crown meaning
in Danish, crown definition, examples and pronunciation
of crown in Danish language.