Noun(1) twelve dozen(2) the entire amount of income before any deductions are made
Verb(1) earn before taxes, expenses, etc.
Adjective(1) before any deductions(2) lacking fine distinctions or detail(3) repellently fat(4) visible to the naked eye (especially of rocks and anatomical features(5) without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative(6) conspicuously and tastelessly indecent(7) conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible
(1) I found your gross tongues disgusting in their barbarism, but still I learned them.(2) As a result of these contributions, their 2002 adjusted gross income is $30,000.(3) Off a combined handicap of 5 they returned a gross score of 68 to produce net a 63.(4) She then maneuvered the jet away from populated areas and gained altitude while simultaneously dumping fuel to reduce gross weight for landing.(5) That's like giving a kid a gross of bottle rockets and a new Bic lighter, then leaving the boy unsupervised - and being shocked, shocked to hear small explosions in the distance.(6) Was I good enough to take off at a high gross weight, lose an engine, avoid the unseen mountains within a mile and a half of the field while on instruments?(7) There is widespread consensus that an organism's lifestyle is often reflected in the skeleton at various levels ranging from gross morphology to histological structure.(8) That means your loss, combined with all other miscellaneous deductions, must exceed 2% of your adjusted gross income for it to do you any good.(9) Please specify whether ├ö├ç├┐revenues├ö├ç├û is a reference to total income, total turnover, gross profit, net profit or some other measure of income.(10) While on a gross level we can distinguish one thing from another, on a refined level no thing is actually find-able.(11) A man fallen in the ocean of nescience cannot be saved simply by rescuing his outward dress - the gross material body.(12) A no-flap approach was flown with a 220,000 lb gross weight, flying at 198 knots indicated airspeed.(13) We and the civilized world are in shock at this gross inhumanity, and we extend heartfelt condolences to the families of those killed and wounded.(14) Thirdly, the level of discrimination involved was gross and obvious.(15) The very high rates of interest then lead to a sharp fall in net profits, and interest payments might even exceed the entire gross profit in the case of some branches or regions.(16) Instead, she has chosen a dangerous, heartbreaking life, which sees risk and suffering and gross inhumanity every single day.
(1) gross weight :: bruttovægt
(2) gross profit :: bruttoresultatet
(3) gross domestic product :: bruttonationalprodukt
(4) gross income :: bruttoindkomst
(5) gross margin :: bruttomargin
(6) gross national product :: bruttonational produkt
(7) gross salary :: bruttoløn
(8) gross revenue :: Samlet indkomst
(9) gross sales :: engros salg
(10) gross negligence :: grov uagtsomhed
1. obese ::
2. boorish ::
3. disgusting ::
4. flagrant ::
5. total ::
6. unadulterated ::
7. egregious ::
8. megascopic ::
10. porcine ::
11. revenue ::
12. earn ::
13. yuck ::
1. clean ::
2. decent ::
3. wholesome ::
gross, grossed, grosser, grosses, grossest, grossing, grossly, grossness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Isn't that GROSS?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 9
At 25 pounds a week, I'm estimating
you'll GROSS about 2 million.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
Well, that was quick and a little GROSS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 4
How GROSS income for a business is
defined, you're not allowed to do that.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 9
Now I feel a
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
English to Danish Dictionary: gross
Meaning and definitions of gross, translation in Danish language for gross with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of gross in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "gross"
What gross means in Danish, gross meaning in Danish, gross definition, examples and pronunciation of gross in Danish language.