Noun(1) an iconic mental representation(2) (Jungian psychology(3) a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction(4) a standard or typical example(5) language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense(6) someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor(7) (mathematics, x(8) the general impression that something (a person or organization or product(9) a representation of a person (especially in the form of sculpture
Verb(1) render visible, as by means of MRI(2) imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind
(1) I can only image the delight with which Nixon would have cheered on this approach.(2) The image of an injury-ravaged bunch bravely battling against cruel fate is not a bad one to project if you want to dampen expectations about your chances.(3) This image came to represent the essence of love and romance for at least one generation, many years after it was photographed.(4) Christians and Jews are able to claim that our dignity rests upon being created in imagio dei, in the image of God.(5) I would image he's been under difficult conditions over the last 8 months.(6) This identity, in a culture of affluence, is no better declared than through the biblical image of the steward.(7) The camera then projects your image directly onto the screen and senses your movement.(8) I would sometimes image what it would be like to go fishing with my father, or be cooking dinner with my mother.(9) As you push back the screen cover, the image on the display flips so what you are seeing is right side up.(10) His is the pure logic of fiction, shaping a world in the image of the art that depicts it.(11) We can indeed see this suggested in the biblical statement about human beings made in the image of God.(12) I just can't image what would have taken them all away at once with no word.(13) Here, the program re-created a 490MB hard drive image in the foreground while we converted ten WAV files into MP3s in the background.(14) Essentially one sees an image of the light sources reflected on the pupil.(15) The gilded silver pinhead, styled in the image of a bird of prey, is one of a handful of examples discovered in Britain and will go on display in London.(16) One can only image what they do to referees.
(1) image file :: billedfil
(2) image quality :: Billede kvalitet
(3) brand image :: image
(4) body image :: kropsbillede
(5) mirror image :: spejlbillede
(6) image processing :: billedbehandling
(7) still image :: stillbillede
(8) corporate image :: corporate image
(9) display image :: display billede
(10) save image :: Gem billede
1. likeness ::
2. picture ::
3. reflection ::
4. conception ::
5. simile ::
6. public perception ::
7. double ::
8. idol ::
9. simulacrum ::
10. paradigm ::
11. range ::
12. mental image ::
13. persona ::
14. trope ::
15. envisage ::
16. figure ::
image, imaged, images, imaging
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"The IMAGE of the Professor was so unknown
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
Attempting to view work
as a peripheral IMAGE...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
The IMAGE you see
looks just like you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
Okay, the final IMAGE is coming in.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 12
-"It was a clean shot."
-There’s no IMAGE.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
English to Danish Dictionary: image
Meaning and definitions of image, translation in Danish language for image with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of image in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "image"
What image means in Danish, image meaning in Danish, image definition, examples and pronunciation of image in Danish language.