Adjective(1) impossible or nearly impossible to see; imperceptible by the eye(2) not prominent or readily noticeable
(1) It is a proscenium theatre, but the proscenium arch is made almost invisible by its dark colour, uniting the audience and actor in a single room.(2) The broadness of the emission lines is assumed to be a sign of great turbulence in the invisible gas surrounding the galaxy.(3) Cctv works in the dark by beaming invisible infrared light around the area to be filmed and then using special cameras which can pick up an image.(4) This gas is completely invisible to human eyes, but because of its temperature, it is visible by its X-ray emission.(5) Riley buried the pen into his desk, the tip snapping off and flying off to some dark invisible corner.(6) Most of the Conservative cabinet objected that tariffs would raise food prices, hinder exports, and jeopardize the invisible earnings of the City of London.(7) Because, she knew, home was where they were going to ignore her; home was where she was as invisible as a pedestrian along a road at night.(8) She looked again at the nearly invisible church against the dark night sky.(9) And at this age, when you're totally invisible , you really have to work three times as much just to stay where you are.(10) For the video projection the frame is not the surface of the wall but the dark invisible space between the projector and the wall.(11) Against a dark backdrop, invisible footlights pick out Paganini's lithe silhouette, sheathed in a formal black suit.(12) Graphic sex and violence bring to the fore what polite society refuses to acknowledge about its sadistic desires and invisible victims.(13) The flatness of the universe indicates that most of the matter in it is invisible , or dark.(14) The large, dark tabby was almost invisible under dim light, despite his four white feet.(15) It was nearing nighttime now, and the ebon coloration of the building coupled with the equally dark landscape rendered it invisible after dusk.(16) It is much easier and can be highly profitable to transmit invisible commodities.
(1) invisible hand :: usynlig hånd
(2) invisible ink :: usynligt blæk
(3) become invisible :: blive usynlig
(4) be invisible :: være usynlig
(5) invisible man :: usynlig mand
(6) invisible being :: usynlige væsen
1. unable to be seen ::
ude af stand til at blive set
2. inconspicuous ::
3. unseeable ::
1. conspicuous ::
2. visible ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We haven't had
a good INVISIBLE man in a while.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
The one where Mr. Fantastic and
the Invisible Girl get married.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 24
- of humanitarian aid--
- Invisible to everyone.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 9
will break his
Vikings Season 1, Episode 6
...this is for the INVISIBLE kids.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 22
English to Danish Dictionary: invisible
Meaning and definitions of invisible, translation in Danish language for invisible with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of invisible in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "invisible"
What invisible means in Danish, invisible meaning in Danish, invisible definition, examples and pronunciation of invisible in Danish language.