føre, lede, anføre
Noun(1) thin strip of metal used to separate lines of type in printing(2) the activity of leading
Verb(1) take somebody somewhere(2) produce as a result or residue(3) tend to or result in(4) travel in front of; go in advance of others(5) cause to undertake a certain action(6) stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point(7) be in charge of(8) be ahead of others; be the first(9) be conducive to(10) lead, as in the performance of a composition(11) lead, extend, or afford access(12) move ahead (of others(13) cause something to pass or lead somewhere(14) preside over
Adjective(1) indicating the most important performer or role(2) greatest in importance or degree or significance or achievement(3) going or proceeding or going in advance; showing the way(4) having the leading position or higher score in a contest
(1) It is a longing for a church that raises up leaders who recognize that leading and listening are not mutually exclusive.(2) The organizers said that although the dancers are very young, most of the leading roles have gone to award-winning performers.(3) The present upsurge of the Manipuri people would be marked in history also by the way in which women played a leading role in furthering the movement.(4) Craven District Council has played a leading role as main sponsor of the project.(5) Washington was just a child when he saw Sidney Poitier become the first black actor to win an Oscar for a leading role.(6) "Mother, we taught our kids to act upon the leading of the Holy Spirit."(7) He has figured in a number of leading roles for Ballinrobe Musical Society, including Danilo in The Merry Widow.(8) Will his subsequent role as a leading critic of the war enhance this theme, undercut it, or have little impact?(9) And certainly, with that leading , I think surrounding it a box would be a mistake.(10) She danced all the leading ballerina roles, foremost among them Odette-Odile and Kitri.(11) Thus, if we are not willing to give total obedience to his leading , we should not pray for blessing from above.(12) By the 1960s she was acclaimed as the country's leading female jazz vocalist and film actress.(13) We can give thanks that through the leading of the Spirit we do not tolerate slavery, but that does not set Spirit against Word.(14) Who or what is the consumer to believe when leading investment experts have such conflicting views?(15) He has directed the United States to play a leading role in the recovery effort, and we will continue to do that.(16) While it gives people a sense of commonality and familiarity, it also keeps them from seeing the bigger picture and being responsive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
(1) lead :: at føre
(2) leading to :: hvilket fører til
(3) leading role :: ledende rolle
(4) leading man :: førende mand
(5) leading the way :: fører an
(6) leading actor :: hovedrolle
(7) leading question :: førende spørgsmål
(8) leading lady :: primadonna
(9) leading article :: ledende artikel
(10) leading indicator :: ledende indikator
1. main ::
2. most important ::
3. top ::
5. preeminent ::
6. ahead ::
7. leadership ::
8. lead ::
9. guide ::
10. cause ::
11. result in ::
12. be at the head of ::
være i spidsen for
13. be the leader of ::
være leder af
14. be ahead ::
15. be at the front of ::
være på forsiden af
16. experience ::
17. top ::
18. go ::
19. conduct ::
20. moderate ::
21. leave ::
22. contribute ::
23. head ::
24. run ::
25. extend ::
26. precede ::
1. last ::
2. least ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He was LEADING
an expedition beyond the Wall.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
They don't like the idea of a woman
LEADING a khalasar.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
Either the reason is predicated on a series
of sub-reasons LEADING to regression...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
I'm LEADING a study to see
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
Jon Snow was LEADING.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
English to Danish Dictionary: leading
Meaning and definitions of leading, translation in Danish language for leading with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of leading in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "leading"
What leading means in Danish, leading meaning in Danish, leading definition, examples and pronunciation of leading in Danish language.