Pronoun(1) used to refer to a thing or things belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing.(2) used in formulas ending a letter.
(1) That oh-so active imagination of yours could land you in some hot water.(2) it's no business of yours(3) Mr. Smythe has sent me yours of the 15th inst. regarding the vacancy(4) we went round to yours(5) that book of yours(6) Well, I will pray for you and that your heart will continue to be happy in this first new chair of yours .(7) Time to let that inner child of yours out from the basement.(8) Because he's talking about a younger brother of yours and a connection with him.(9) You simply didn't have a choice but to sit down with a friend of yours .(10) Is that a concern of yours ?(11) yours of the 5th May(12) the choice is yours(13) So, take off your shirt, loosen the belt and evaluate that tummy of yours .(14) Mr Smythe has sent me yours of the 15th inst. regarding the vacancy(15) What is going to be your new approach and style in this new venture of yours ?(16) Thus armed with a powerful mandate, I want to talk to you about this novel of yours .
(1) yours sincerely :: Venlig hilsen
(2) yours faithfully :: Med venlig hilsen
(3) sincerely yours :: med venlig hilsen
(4) yours truly :: venlig hilsen
(5) yours ever :: Deres nogensinde
(6) forever yours :: din for altid
(7) truly yours :: virkelig jeres
(8) very truly yours :: meget virkelig jeres
(9) respectfully yours :: Med højagtelse
1. your ::
2. yours ::
3. thy ::
4. thine ::
5. you ::
6. ye ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The people sitting around it
have better eyes than YOURS or mine.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
You can wear YOURS,
and we can have
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
...while you preside
over the kiddie table of YOURS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
All is accomplished.
The City Watch is YOURS.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
That common girl of YOURS?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 2
English to Danish Dictionary: yours
Meaning and definitions of yours, translation in Danish language for yours with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of yours in Danish and in English language.
Tags for the entry "yours"
What yours means in Danish, yours meaning in Danish, yours definition, examples and pronunciation of yours in Danish language.