Adjective(1) important in effect or meaning(2) of considerable importance, size, or worth(3) too closely correlated to be attributed to chance and therefore indicating a systematic relation(4) rich in significance or implication
(1) a significant amount of money(2) The data indicate that ethnicity is a significant factor in the development and course of the disease.(3) she's one of our most significant poets(4) Most significant of all, we felt, was that so many divers were keen enough to queue up to have their fitness checked.(5) Max's published work, as significant and substantial as it is, is not what we will remember him by.(6) we've made significant progress today(7) Yes, but these disappearing acts are significant because they are symbolic of a wider truth.(8) she gave him a significant look(9) As for adultery, it is significant that Santorum suggests it should be treated as a crime.(10) There is no doubt that this was a serious injury with significant orthopaedic and cosmetic consequences.(11) significant changes(12) A rise in temperature of this kind would have a significant effect on the distribution of vegetation.(13) This could be the only significant side effect possibly related to the product use.(14) Yet the British music scene has always been an early indicator of significant social and political change.(15) This has the makings of a very significant case of very considerable legal importance.(16) The walls are covered with photographs marking significant moments in Wood Group's history.
(1) significant other :: betydelige andre
(2) significant figures :: signifikante tal
(3) significant influence :: betydelig indflydelse
(4) most significant :: mest betydningsfulde
(5) least significant :: mindst betydende
(6) significant digits :: betydende cifre
(7) significant figure :: betydende ciffer
(8) more significant :: mere markant
(9) highly significant :: højsignifikant
(10) most significant bit :: mest signifikante bit
1. notable ::
2. meaningful ::
3. pregnant ::
4. substantial ::
5. important ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
it will represent a SIGNIFICANT rise
in your station.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
with his SIGNIFICANT other.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
I brought SIGNIFICANT assets
into the relationship too.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
...I'm going to go do work
that promises SIGNIFICANT results...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
...to make any SIGNIFICANT contribution
to physics played a trick on you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 6
English to Danish Dictionary: significant
Meaning and definitions of significant, translation in Danish language for significant with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of significant in Danish and in English
Tags for the entry "significant"
What significant means in Danish, significant meaning
in Danish, significant definition, examples and pronunciation
of significant in Danish language.